Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [FIX] Kodi 17: Krypton Crashes on Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not 100% sure that this is a permanent fix but I'm pretty sure it should do the job. I am using Mac OS Sierra with Kodi 17: Krypton.
Below are the steps I took to resolve the issue plus an extra step if the original does not work.

Steps:

1) Delete Kodi

2) Go to the following location by opening finder, selecting the Go menu and choosing go to a new folder.
Inside that field place the following path and BE SURE TO REPLACE <your_user_name> WITH YOUR USERNAME.
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi

3) Empty the trash, permanently deleting everything inside.

4) Download Kodi 17: Krypton from kodi.tv

5) Install Kodi and enjoy!

**Note for user** IF the steps provided did not work, repeat steps 1 and 2 , then go through delete everything containing any reference to Kodi that was left on machine. This is the best way to ensure a clean install; however, I do not think that this step will be necessary.

Hope this helps!
I am having the same problem on my iMac Late 2009, 1 tb Samsung SSD, macOS Sierra 10.12.3, Kodi Krypton 17. I have tried to completely delete Kodi, going into the application support folder and removing Kodi from there, I have tried Kodi 16.1, I tried one of the nightly beta versions of Kodi, and nothing is making it work. The application will bounce once or twice on the bottom and then just close. I don't get an error message or anything. I have a 2012 Mac Book pro and a 2012 Macbook Air both running the same version of macOS and they both have Krypton 17 running on them just fine. I also have a brand new Sony Android TV that I was able to download kodi directly onto and even get that formatted with all the addons I want, but for some reason nothing I have done will get Kodi to work on my iMac. Any suggestions??
Try to disable gatekeeper (google it ...) and report back if that helps
I did that and set it to always allow from anywhere.
And it still doesn't start? Without crashreport or anything?
Yeah, no crash report, but I think I might have disabled it with the "don't ask again" option. I don't remember for sure though.