Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: White movie border.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, not sure if this was covered but since upgrading to Kodi 17 on Android TV box, I have these white upper and lower borders on the screen while watching a movie, instead of the usual black border. Its pretty annoying and is tough on the eyes m, making it almost impossible to watch the movie.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

KB
I too have the same issue. I went into the settings while in the movie and switched the video setting from normal to 16.9 stretch (i think thats it) it got rid of the white letter box and it doesn't appear to have chopped any of the picture off. Unfortunately its not a permanent solution though, you have to do it every time. If anyone out there has permanent fix for thus, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Brad

Sent from my SM-G900P
(2017-02-19, 17:39)Snyderbrad13 Wrote: [ -> ]I too have the same issue. I went into the settings while in the movie and switched the video setting from normal to 16.9 stretch (i think thats it) it got rid of the white letter box and it doesn't appear to have chopped any of the picture off. Unfortunately its not a permanent solution though, you have to do it every time. If anyone out there has permanent fix for thus, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Brad

Sent from my SM-G900P (typie typie)

Thanks buddy. I'll use this for now. Those white bands are annoying.
Yes extremely,

Sent from my SM-G900P
(2017-02-19, 17:39)Snyderbrad13 Wrote: [ -> ]I too have the same issue. I went into the settings while in the movie and switched the video setting from normal to 16.9 stretch (i think thats it) it got rid of the white letter box and it doesn't appear to have chopped any of the picture off. Unfortunately its not a permanent solution though, you have to do it every time. If anyone out there has permanent fix for thus, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Brad

Sent from my SM-G900P (typie typie)
You should not have to select Stretch 16:9 each and every time. Just select it and scroll down the menu and select the "Set as default for all media" and answer yes. I actually prefer and use Stretch 16:9 throughout Kodi/SPMC.
Thats for the tip, it worked!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P