Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Exclusive mode audio and W10 apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the release of the latest version of SIlicondust HDHomeRun W10 app, DRM channels are now supported. Of course this isn't supported in the Kodi app or PVR support so I was figuring out how to launch the W10 app from Kodi. I achieved this quite well using the Advanced Emulation Launcher however there's an issue with audio.

The W10 app won't work via Kodi if I have Exclusive Mode turned on for my HDMI audio. However, turning that off disabled any audio capabilities in Kodi (like DD, DTS, DTS-HD etc) and outputs stereo only.

Is there any way around this?

AMD A6-3650 APU
There is actually a forum for HDHomeRun and it's likely your query is best handled in that area, so I'll take the liberty of moving this post. Although conversations regarding DRM work around are not allowed in the forum, should this be the issue.

[PatK]
Moderators: This is not related to the HDHomeRun PVR client. Please stop moving threads that do not deal with the PVR client into this subforum. This is tangentially related to the HDHomeRun View video addon, but the author is talking about launching an external application.

Can some moderator move this thread to where it belongs. Perhaps the "Advanced Emulation Launcher" program addon forum? ...
(2017-02-19, 22:37)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators: This is not related to the HDHomeRun PVR client. Please stop moving threads that do not deal with the PVR client into this subforum. This is tangentially related to the HDHomeRun View video addon, but the author is talking about launching an external application.

Can some moderator move this thread to where it belongs. Perhaps the "Advanced Emulation Launcher" program addon forum? ...
Considering there is not the ideal slot for this, I'll let it slip into 'Off-Topic' until we can find a real home for this.
Yay moved around but not actually looking at the core of the issue. It's about exclusive mode audio in windows and how Kodi handles it. This is far from "off topic". And I'm not working around DRM thank you, I'm doing nothing of the sort.

Is exclusive mode audio required for Kodi to be able to process and output audio formats other than stereo?