Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best hardware for best image quality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got an LG C6 OLED TV which can stream movies from my server like my old ION based Asus HTPC with Libreelec on does. However when played directly on my LG TV the videos look so much better than when played on my HTPC. All artifacts in dark scenes are gone, the quality is much sharper and in 3D the difference is huge. I never really thought that there could be such a difference in quality depending on hardware as it's all 0s and 1s but apparently there is a huge difference.
I have plans on retiring my old HTPC and was looking at a WeTek Hub (as the Core has been sold out for months), but now I don't know. What are people's experiences with quality and hardware?
Buy a recent NUC and run libreelec if you really care about picture quality. Haven't tested the wetek hub but I returned a Nvidia shield after a few days just because of the difference in image quality compared with my nuc haswell.
(2017-02-22, 18:25)Hufvudet Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a recent NUC and run libreelec if you really care about picture quality. Haven't tested the wetek hub but I returned a Nvidia shield after a few days just because of the difference in image quality compared with my nuc haswell.

Not seen any mention of Nuc having better picture than shield. What remote are you using for Nuc?

ThankYou - Bhoot[emoji769]
It has, I promise you. Both in theory and in practice, ask @fritsch. I use a harmony remote with my nuc, works perfect! What the shield has over my NUC is of course 4K, hevc and bla bla. But play the same uncompressed blu ray rip and the difference is obvious, better colors, better transparency.
(2017-02-22, 21:33)Hufvudet Wrote: [ -> ]But play the same uncompressed blu ray rip and the difference is obvious, better colors, better transparency.

Blu-Ray's having an alpha channel for the main video stream is news to me... o.O
Just describing the picture quality. Call it what you want.
Finding it strange that Shield picture quality is not as good when it does HDR 4K and all the reviews not mentioning anything negative about the picture itself.

ThankYou - Bhoot[emoji769]
You'll see Smile