Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wifi Login without leaving Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Folks,

i use Kodi at my HTPC all the time, i connected a Xbox Controller to it and thats it. I recently changed my WiFi password and i did not find any possibility to change the WiFi pw in Kodi. So for that reason i have to connect a keyboard and mouse to go in Windows 10 and change the pw.
[/align]
I know there is an Addon for Linux, that can do it, but is there also one for Windows?

Thanks in advance!
No, on Windows that sort of thing is handled by the underlying OS, not by Kodi.

You're probably thinking of LibreElec, which is a little different in that the two are more closely packaged and linked together.

You could maybe set up some flavour of remote access , outside Kodi (rdp or something like that) and do it remotely from a second machine if that's easier.
Okay, but in curious, can i write an Kodi Addon, in which the user can add the Wifi and Passwort, the Addon than makes a Wifi.xml profile, which can be imported in Windows 10 using the "netsh wlan" command, by running a small shell script.
Is this (in theory) possible, can a Kodi Addon run a shell script?
(2017-02-27, 02:08)Twinstar Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but in curious, can i write an Kodi Addon, in which the user can add the Wifi and Passwort, the Addon than makes a Wifi.xml profile, which can be imported in Windows 10 using the "netsh wlan" command, by running a small shell script.
Is this (in theory) possible, can a Kodi Addon run a shell script?

Just guessing, but maybe try to
Code:
import subprocess

and then
Code:
subprocess.call('start /wait netsh wlan', shell=True)

Might need to be running from an admin group account.

scott s.