Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PC versus MAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son set up KODI on Firestick with PC. I am using it on IMAC. I have V16.1 and working. QUESTION: For optimum performance, do I need to remove current version and install MAC version (if there is one)? If not how do I upgrade to latedt version!
It will make no difference to the Firestick which system put it on there. AFAIK to upgrade you simply install the latest version on the Firestick.
Indeed. If Kodi is on the Firestick then it's the *stick* that's running the program, not any system it gets plugged into. If you're "using it on an iMac" then I guess you have it plugged into an HDMI port or perhaps via some adapter, effectively using the Apple device as a monitor - but that's all you're doing, the iMac isn't running anything.
I am confused. I wasn't aware iMacs had video INPUT. Like ever, at all.
They don't i think...
iMacs can be put into target display mode. I'm not sure if you can do it with a fire tv stick though. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204592

edit: That is to say, older iMacs could. Newer ones can't.
Ineresting. Sounds like its not possible with hdmi though
I understood it as, he has two installations of KODI. One on his son's firestick, and another on his iMac.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Yeah, but why would he ask to install the MAC version?

i.e::: what is he currently running on his iMac? I am running Mac version with no problem ...