Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] XBMC Earth - Google Earth and Geocoder / Geolocation Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,
This is one of my first python script for XBMC and it’s the first one which I will post here in the Forum.
A few weeks ago I had the idea to bring Google Maps into XBMC. So my first look was to the LocatU Script from asteronimo. But this script doesn’t receive all the pictures directly from google. It is using a php-webside to connect between XBMC and google maps. I thought it should although work without any “man-in-the-middle”. So I have taken a look into the google Javascript API and onto mapki.com. Finally I found all information to connect to the google servers and to download the geopics.

I have used some code-elements and some pics from the Apple Movie Trailer Script. I hope this is OK!

You can download it from this google code page: http://code.google.com/p/xbmcplugin/

What is possible with the script:
- You can browse through the map.
- You can zoom in and out. (there is a known problem with some zoom levels)
- You can search for places or services
- Places and services will be marked on the map.
- You can hide or activate the street layer
- At this time all pics will be cached in scriptpath\temp (delete this by hand if the script is getting slow)
- There is a Basic Panoramio Support. Browse to your Favorite Area and choose Panoramio -> then Select the Picture for a larger view; Back will close the Picture again

How to use:
Controller:
White Button: Toggle hybrid view; Map-View; Area-View; Sat-View
Left-Trigger: Zoom out
Right-Trigger: Zoom in
back: Exit script

in Menu Map-Move:
digiPad: Moves the Map
back or A: back to Menu

Search:
-Focus in List will pulse the selected marker on the Map
-Select a List item will zoom to marker

Remote:
Info Button: Toggle hybrid view; Map-View; Area-View; Sat-View
2 Button: Zoom out
1 Button: Zoom in
back: Exit script

in Menu Map-Move:
Arrows: Moves the Map
back: back to Menu

Search:

Keyboard:
ins Button: Toggle hybrid view; Map-View; Area-View; Sat-View
Pg-dwn Button: Zoom out
Pg-up: Zoom in
ESC: Exit script

in Menu Map-Move:
Arrows: Moves the Map
ESC: back to Menu

Search:

At this time there is no Settings Menu, no support for proxies.

Feel free to reply with feedback on bugs, ideas, comments, etc.

MrLight
Nice work just tested it wish my next door neighbours extension wasnt there like the image suggests Wink

Either way keep it up mate nice little gadget Smile
cool .. thanx :]
I couldt not try this till now but it looks great! thx.

If you want some feature requests ...

A switch between Google, Mirosoft, ... wouldt be great.

Like at http://www.flashearth.com/
Is it easy to change the remote buttons for this script?
i've already mapped buttons 1 and 2 you see and these presets are overriding the zoom feature :\

Looks like a useful script - good work!
Nice! Big Grin

Just tried it!
Hmm didnt work for me. When I run the script it comes up (Running) then does not start.

Did I need to do anything other than drop the XBMC Earth folder into my scripts folder?
I also appear to have a minor problem. The buttons on the left say "Invalid Id 100" and "Invalid Id 101". I assume the first button is the Map Move and the second button is Search? Also the white button does not appear to do anything. Apart from that it works fine, good job Big Grin

Dan
It doesnt work for me Sad. Is this script still supported? Using xbmc pc version here.
Is it possible this script no longer works because of this:
*NOTICE* New code changes that affects all scripts! ?

Or is it still working for most ppl?

I'm getting:
Quote:mydisplay = MainClass("script-%s-main.xml" % ( __scriptname__.replace( " ", "_" ), ), BASE_RESOURCE_PATH, "Default", 0)
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing
Despite playing around with the script using hints from the link above, I still can't get it going Sad
that looks like you need to change BASE_RESOURCE_PATH to os.getcwd()
Nuka1195 Wrote:that looks like you need to change BASE_RESOURCE_PATH to os.getcwd()

Ok thanks Nuka... I had a look into the default.py and changed:

BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = os.path.join( os.getcwd().replace( ";", "" ), "resources" )
to:
BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = os.path.join( os.getcwd(), "resources" )

but I still get the same: TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

I also tried: BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = os.getcwd()
but his led to a different error:
Import language
ImportError: No module named language

Any ideas? Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious, I haven't played with Python scripts before.
no.

change
PHP Code:
mydisplay MainClass("script-%s-main.xml" % ( __scriptname__.replace" ""_" ), ), BASE_RESOURCE_PATH"Default"0

to
PHP Code:
mydisplay MainClass("script-%s-main.xml" % ( __scriptname__.replace" ""_" ), ), os.getcwd(), "Default"0
That does get the script to load, but something else in the script is broken. I suspect something changed with the Google resources, as the script loads and shows two options on the left side, both are "Invalid Id 100" and "101".
hmm, yep likewise with the "Invalid Id 100" and "101" for me.

seems you can still actually search on a location and have it retrieve data, but it doesn't seem to display any meaningful images, so yeh... pretty much useless. oh well, thanks for trying guys
Pages: 1 2 3