Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SAT>IP Live TV direct from Sat server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

it has been discussed to some extend already but as far as I saw only with some backend like VDR or DVBlink.

I`d like to use live TV in Kodi with a direct connect to the Sat server. I use a Selfsat IP36 which provides 8 channels and for PVR functionality I use DVBlink on my Synology.

But for live TV I can use apps like DVBviewer on iOS, Android Windows etc and connect directly to the Selfsat antenna. I don`t have to channel all traffic through my DVBlink server which reduces the load a lot.

For Kodi, I`d like to have the same. Connect to DVBlink as my PVR and directly connect to Selfsat (or any other SAT>IP server) for live TV. The latter seems not possible as of new, I`m I right?

Thanks for some thoughts.

Multi
AIUI the SAT>IP protocol is very low level (it doesn't know anything about channels, EPGs etc., just tunes to the transponders it is told to and streams the PIDs it is requested to?) - so would require the basic functionality that TV Headend, VDR, MythTV also implement to work correctly.

So a SAT>IP PVR client would effectively also have a large chunk of back-end in it too. As a result I think most developers don't see the point? There are back-ends already that do this, many of which (TV Headend for example) will run OK on the same machines as many Kodi Installs (Android is trickier)
Thanks noggin. I`m really not into those details.

I have a Nvidia Shield with Android running so I`d be happy to get some ideas what backend might make sense then.
Tvheadend can act as a Sat>Ip client.
I solved this for me.

I found TV Headend as app for Nvidia Shield and configured it as backend in Kodi on my Shield. Works great.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...e-shield-/