Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mouse cursor should not move keyboard cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before (I tried search but could not find any). I would be surprised if this has not been brought up before! Also, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug report, hence I post this here.

In short: Moving the mouse should not move / change the option chosen by the keyboard.

Currently, if I choose something with cursor keys, move the mouse (but not click on anything!) and press enter, whatever which was under the mouse will be chosen and entered (instead where I had navigated with my keyboard). This breaks common UI rules: Usually there is a separate keyboard cursor - movable e.g. with TAB, or sometimes with cursor keys. The mouse does nothing to this cursor - unless clicked (which usually also moves the keyboard "cursor" focus)!

This is actually a problem, since my mouse is quite sensitive (and the table it is on, is also sensitive and shakes a bit when I type). Sometimes (which is quite often) something totally different is selected which I intended!

Solution1: Move keyboard elsewhere. I actually use it from my lap because of this, although I'd prefer the table. Which is a bit cumbersome Big Grin

Solution2: Unplug the mouse. But this is cubersome, even although one does not use mouse in KODI, one might be using KODI on a desktop interface with other software open at the same time...

Solution3: Disable mouse in KODI. But as it is sometimes handy to have the mouse in addition to keyboard enabled, this is not a fix (but a workaround).

Solution4: Fix this code-wise. But it might not be easy (I'm not a programmer, and haven't looked at the code, but there might be reasons it works the way it does currently; perhaps because of touch interface code, or highlighting of the menu or something...)