Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New controller detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I'm using a fire TV game box it came with a fire tv controller. Just did a fresh install of 17.1 and as soon as I open kodi it pops up saying new controller detected, my controller is locked down all i can do is press the home button and go back to main amazon fire menu. I went to settings for firetv removed and traded controller, reset box several times, same issue, kodi wants me to configure the controller but since it's my only means of accessing the fire tv and kodi won't recognize it I'm stuck. Any advice
Thanks
Hook up a mouse
I'm having the same problem. I've been using Kodi for some time without any problems up until today when it stopped working entirely. I uninstalled the one I had and have been trying to install Kodi 17 for the past several hours. Whenever the app opens, I'm getting the same error message the app not recognizing my controller. I have firetv. I have also tried hooking up a mouse and that has not worked either. I hope someone can help!

I have also tried downloading the Kodi remote control app and that also does not work.
Works for me.... I hooked up a mouse and configured the input setting and bam !!!!! I can use the remote again.
You're lucky! I can't get my TV Bluetooth to detect my mouse after connecting it to the USB port in the back.
Okay...here's what worked for me:

1. Uninstall ES Explorer AND Kodi from Fire TV apps

2. Followed a video on YouTube installing "" (a faster, easier way to obtain Kodi instead of ES Explorer)

link removed
@angelicness11: Just f**k off with your video about pirate banned addons!

Has already been removed once!

And this time you even name the addon...
Sorry. I wasn't aware I couldn't post about add ons. I was merely just helping someone else out who was in a similar problem as myself since it took me 3 days to figure out without anyone's help. There's really no need for the harsh language.
Read the forum rules (wiki).

This is strike 2, and a final warning before a ban.
(2017-03-28, 15:14)hakmawongzi Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me.... I hooked up a mouse and configured the input setting and bam !!!!! I can use the remote again.

How do you hook up mouse. Did you hook it into the fire tv box directly. If that is what you did what configuration did you make. thanks
[/align]
(2017-03-26, 21:15)Capnjosh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I'm using a fire TV game box it came with a fire tv controller. Just did a fresh install of 17.1 and as soon as I open kodi it pops up saying new controller detected, my controller is locked down all i can do is press the home button and go back to main amazon fire menu. I went to settings for firetv removed and traded controller, reset box several times, same issue, kodi wants me to configure the controller but since it's my only means of accessing the fire tv and kodi won't recognize it I'm stuck. Any advice
Thanks

If you have a Android phone/tablet, there is a Fire TV remote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lient.aosp

or for Kodi only there is Kore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....xbmc.kore
which will let you setup your controller.
(2017-03-29, 21:12)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-26, 21:15)Capnjosh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I'm using a fire TV game box it came with a fire tv controller. Just did a fresh install of 17.1 and as soon as I open kodi it pops up saying new controller detected, my controller is locked down all i can do is press the home button and go back to main amazon fire menu. I went to settings for firetv removed and traded controller, reset box several times, same issue, kodi wants me to configure the controller but since it's my only means of accessing the fire tv and kodi won't recognize it I'm stuck. Any advice
Thanks

If you have a Android phone/tablet, there is a Fire TV remote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lient.aosp

or for Kodi only there is Kore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....xbmc.kore
which will let you setup your controller.

So I have the same issue. The FireTv app works on my phone and allows me to still maintain control of Kodi, but that doesn't fix the issue of my Amazon FireTv game controller not working.
Second time I'm adding to delete my account! Instead you guys deleted my post requesting this the first time. I'm all set with the disrespectful nature of this forum!
Quote:Second time I'm adding to delete my account! Instead you guys deleted my post requesting this the first time. I'm all set with the disrespectful nature of this forum!

No, it has gone here to be actioned... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2558895
Here's the only answer that I've found that works to the original posters issue... You have to find a different version of kodi 17... It's labeled as 17.0 RC4. As far as I know this is the latest version that actually works with the Amazon game controller.
I saw all the talk about updating to 17.2 (and then 17.3 today), so I thought I'd try, but... Nope. Controller issue still there.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Pages: 1 2