Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a SonyVaio laptop running Win 7 SP1. I have been running Kodi Jarvis 16.1 for a few months. Decided to upgrade to Krypton 17.1. Download and install went smoothly. At the finish I clicked on Run Kodi and clicked Finish. Nothing happened. So I went to the Kodi icon and clicked it. Nothing happened. I tried Run as administrator. Nothing. So I went to the Local Disk C, went to Programs (x86), Kodi, and went to Kodi .exe and clicked. Nothing.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Having the same issue after upgrade as well, would love a resolution as well.
Post a Debug log (wiki).
So I was just informed on the Facebook Kodi TV group by an Admin of the page that 17.1 only works on Windows 10Huh is this true
(2017-03-28, 17:16)geohunt Wrote: [ -> ]So I was just informed on the Facebook Kodi TV group by an Admin of the page that 17.1 only works on Windows 10Huh is this true
Nope.
This is something to check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2557927 seems to happen on an update form 16 to 17
(2017-03-28, 18:10)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]This is something to check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2557558 seems to happen on an update form 16 to 17

Bad link
(2017-03-28, 15:10)pknoyes Wrote: [ -> ]I have a SonyVaio laptop running Win 7 SP1. I have been running Kodi Jarvis 16.1 for a few months. Decided to upgrade to Krypton 17.1. Download and install went smoothly. At the finish I clicked on Run Kodi and clicked Finish. Nothing happened. So I went to the Kodi icon and clicked it. Nothing happened. I tried Run as administrator. Nothing. So I went to the Local Disk C, went to Programs (x86), Kodi, and went to Kodi .exe and clicked. Nothing.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Same thing happen to me...I went back to Kodi 16 on Windows 7
Why not find out what happens with a debug log (wiki) ?
Sorry about the bad link I've corrected it since... here it is again. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2557927
simple on windows 10 go to cortana copy this and paste it ...
%APPDATA% select kodi then user data then you will see addons27 file. likely will work by doing this in search bar in windows 7.
Uninstalled 17.1..reinstalled Jarvis 16.1 working fine now..I'll wait until ALL bugs are worked out in 17.1 before I upgrade
(2017-03-29, 13:29)geohunt Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstalled 17.1..reinstalled Jarvis 16.1 working fine now..I'll wait until ALL bugs are worked out in 17.1 before I upgrade

...which will only happen if problems are being reported by users instead of just reverting. And even then there's no quarantees.
(2017-03-29, 13:29)geohunt Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstalled 17.1..reinstalled Jarvis 16.1 working fine now..I'll wait until ALL bugs are worked out in 17.1 before I upgrade
I'll have it delivered to you with a bouquet of flowers and a nice bottle of bubbly the moment the very last bug is worked out.

Don't hold your breath though.
(2017-03-29, 02:40)joshman79 Wrote: [ -> ]simple on windows 10 go to cortana copy this and paste it ...
%APPDATA% select kodi then user data then you will see addons27 file. likely will work by doing this in search bar in windows 7.

This worked for me. I had the same problem, win10, 16.1 worked fine, install 17 and it does not start, no error messages.
Deleted the addons27 file in the Database folder in user data and now 17 works perfectly.

Thanks joshman79 Big Grin
Pages: 1 2