Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [S912] Android Box H96Pro Plus : DTS not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone, Nod

i recently bought an Android box, model H96 Pro + which have Kodi 17 installed.
this box is connected to my amp. Yamaha HTR-3065 via HDMI (no optical for the moment).
this amp is then connected to my Panasonic Viera TV via HDMI too.

I have done Kodi configuration the same as it is on my ATV2 (Kodi 14.2) in system/audio menu :

with my old ATV2 Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS worked fine
witch this new box only DD works.
when i play a DTS file, i have no sound from my amp.Sad
if i uncheck DTS capable, i have PCM sound from my amp.Confused

im I doing it wrong ?Huh
What you have done wrong is buy an AMLogic S912 that does not have proper IEC Passthrough Audio support.

Second post I've done today about an AMLogic S912 - they seriously are the worst Android Box on the market for Kodi compatibility. There are all sorts of problems - and the root cause is Rubbish Firmware

What you have not even likely noticed either, is darker than normal picture output, due to serious colorspace Firmware issues on ALL AMLogic Android Marshmallow S912 boxes.

Here is some self reading for you:

Welcome to Android MediaCodec (Audio) standards

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2017)

Suggestions are Ebay the device or send it back to the seller if you are not happy. Kodi cannot help you with Firmware support.
that's a bad news....
is it the same problem with S905X ?
Cheap Android S905(x) boxes will not have the required IEC Audio passthrough code in Android Firmware.

You have to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on them, it actually the superior Kodi version on AMLogic at the moment and can be used in a dual boot setup running from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class10 microSDHC card.

You can try an experimental LE version for S912's but there are bugs and Graphic User interface tearing. I can crash Kodi just by pausing video.
Its not stable for me when I last tested.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-5848.html
thanks for your answer.Angel
i think i am going to try another way maybe another app to see if there is the same problemHuh
but finally i think that maybe i will have to say goodby to DTS....Devil
Transcode DTS it to DD passthrough, instructions in the Link if you read carefully:

Welcome to Android MediaCodec (Audio) standards
you saved my day !!!NodNod

NOTE: In Kodi Settings > Player > Video > Sync playback to Display ...must be disabled to get any working Passthrough Audio

Number of Channels: 2.0
Passthrough: On
AC3: Yes
AC3 Transcoding: Yes
DTS: No

it works fine now with transcoding to DDWink
thank you wrxtasyAngel
(2017-03-30, 19:47)dmeters84 Wrote: [ -> ]you saved my day !!!NodNod

NOTE: In Kodi Settings > Player > Video > Sync playback to Display ...must be disabled to get any working Passthrough Audio

Number of Channels: 2.0
Passthrough: On
AC3: Yes
AC3 Transcoding: Yes
DTS: No

it works fine now with transcoding to DDWink
thank you wrxtasyAngel

Thanks W and D for posting this useful information

Before changing settings as you listed above I was getting what appeared to be a muffled mono sound.

After applying the changes I am getting a clear and what appears to be stereo sound.

I definitely didn't get surround sound, no rear sound at all, is this the best to expect from these settings?
(2017-03-30, 11:27)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Cheap Android S905(x) boxes will not have the required IEC Audio passthrough code in Android Firmware.

You have to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on them, it actually the superior Kodi version on AMLogic at the moment and can be used in a dual boot setup running from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class10 microSDHC card.

You can try an experimental LE version for S912's but there are bugs and Graphic User interface tearing. I can crash Kodi just by pausing video.
Its not stable for me when I last tested.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-5848.html

If I put LE on an SDCard for dual boot purposes, is that card trestricted to LE boot use only, or am I able to store other folders on the SDCard to be accessed by android, LE or Kodi?
(2017-07-18, 15:44)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]If I put LE on an SDCard for dual boot purposes, is that card trestricted to LE boot use only, or am I able to store other folders on the SDCard to be accessed by android, LE or Kodi?
It's not restricted. It's not particularly straightforward either, though - the default libreelec install will give you a small (500MB-ish) fat32 partition and a big ext4 one. Android won't play well with that by default (the ext4 partition almost certainly won't be mounted without messing about) so you need to either mount the ext4 or format manually with a much bigger fat partition. The easiest workaround is to use your sd card as normal (ie for android) and boot libreelec from a usb stick - not sure if that works on every box though.
Sound much simpler just plugging in a 2.5 HDD or USB Stick for storage and format it with exFat or NTFS.
(2017-07-18, 16:51)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Sound much simpler just plugging in a 2.5 HDD or USB Stick for storage and format it with exFat or NTFS.
I'm not sure what you mean. Installing LE to usb is no harder than installing to an sd card - it's exactly the same process.
I'm talking about using a HDD / Stick for cross platform device storage - because that is what @Jeffers24 was asking about above. Not installing and running LE.
(2017-07-18, 17:21)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about using a HDD / Stick for cross platform device storage - because that is what @Jeffers24 was asking about above. Not installing and running LE.
Maybe quote what you're replying to if it's not the post above?