Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues Migrating Kodi Configuration to 17.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Day Everyone;

I am posting here because I have run into an issue with Kodi 17.1 that I have never experienced before. Last night I did a fresh install of Kodi 17.1 on Android. Once installed I opened Kodi; enabled unknown sources, and shut Kodi down again. I then tried to migrate the configuration I had previously put together for Kodi 17.0 on another box by replacing the addon, media, and userdata folders in the .kodi directory while Kodi was shut down; just like I have many times before with previous versions.

However; when I started Kodi back up again my splash image shows up, but the skin I use had not been applied, and none of the addons placed in the addon folder show up in Kodi. When I open the addon manager I can see that all the addons that were in the addon folder are there, but they are all disabled.

I should probably note; that I tried to do the same thing with my PC, and got the exact same results. Also; I did not experience this issue when working with Kodi 17.0.

My question is; does anybody know of a way to avoid this from happening? If not; is there a way that I could quickly enable all the addons at once without having to select each one in the addon manager and enable it manually?

I have quite a few things installed, and enabling them all manually would be a major inconvenience; especially if I have to do it on each machine I want to upgrade to Kodi 17.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Moved to Android.
What I do on my Android Tv Box is copying the whole File folder from one path (Kodi installation) to the other.

If I remember correctly the File folder contains (in my case) these subfolders: .SMB, .KODI, .Flickr.

And everything works fine.

Hope that helps.

(2017-03-30, 01:29)VisualWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Good Day Everyone;

I am posting here because I have run into an issue with Kodi 17.1 that I have never experienced before. Last night I did a fresh install of Kodi 17.1 on Android. Once installed I opened Kodi; enabled unknown sources, and shut Kodi down again. I then tried to migrate the configuration I had previously put together for Kodi 17.0 on another box by replacing the addon, media, and userdata folders in the .kodi directory while Kodi was shut down; just like I have many times before with previous versions.

However; when I started Kodi back up again my splash image shows up, but the skin I use had not been applied, and none of the addons placed in the addon folder show up in Kodi. When I open the addon manager I can see that all the addons that were in the addon folder are there, but they are all disabled.

I should probably note; that I tried to do the same thing with my PC, and got the exact same results. Also; I did not experience this issue when working with Kodi 17.0.

My question is; does anybody know of a way to avoid this from happening? If not; is there a way that I could quickly enable all the addons at once without having to select each one in the addon manager and enable it manually?

I have quite a few things installed, and enabling them all manually would be a major inconvenience; especially if I have to do it on each machine I want to upgrade to Kodi 17.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for taking the time to reply Starkman; I will give that a try to see if it makes any difference. I went ahead and enabled all the addons manually on the box that I was working with, and afterwards and everything was more or less the same. I had to adjust a few settings, but that was about it.

Now that has been taken care of; I will try copying the entire Kodi home directory from the box that is now currently set up with Kodi 17.1, and try to use that to migrate the configuration over to the next box I am going to update. I will post the results here so that it may help anyone else who happens to encounter the same issue.
I know it sounds like a bug, but it's actually a brilliant new feature of krypton.
The justification is that it make it harder for build makers. Or something.
So I took Starkman's advice, and it seemed to work when I copied the entire .kodi folder and moved it over. I'm guessing there is a particular file somewhere in there which Kodi uses to verify that all the addons were previously installed. I could take the time to systematically eliminate files until I find the right one, but I'm not that motivated.

I'm not sure I would call this behaviour a brilliant feature. Something that hinders everybody in an effort to thwart a small minority of people is hardly brilliant. I wouldn't even call it a feature; it just makes it more difficult to update to the new version of Kodi than it has to be.