Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Context Menus - No Source Deletion Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi folks,

I must be missing something simple. The path has changed for my videos (Primary share now LibreELEC instead of Win10.) On my Nvidia Shield in the other room, all the dead folders linked to my old Windows 10 Kodi install are still present in file manager and media sources. Context menus aren't providing any option to remove these sources. I'm running Kodi 17.1 on the Shield.

I've been trying to figure this out for many days, so I'd appreciate any assistance. Thank you in advance!
Is anybody out there! Cool My files have been moved away from a decommissioned drive; I'd like to get rid of these old sources but the context menu won't let me. The only video source that should be listed is "Media".

Hello alexsisk

Have you tried to run "Clean Library"?

Go to Settings>Media>Library. In there you will see it is broken up into Videos and Music. Each of those has a "Clean Library" option. Just select and run it.

All working well, it should remove all the movies that have dead links.
also...

go to Settings>Media>General and enable "Allow File Renaming and Deletion"

If you can't see any of these options, just change the Menu Level as seen in the bottom left corner of your screen. Settings are Basic, "something", Advanced and Expert.
Yeah I actually clean my library quite frequently (only because I've been shifting things around so much trying to find the optimum setup), and I'm almost there.

I just did a clean real quick and showed zero change to the sources. https://youtu.be/XwhQwrS_Fzc

Shouldn't the context menu offer an option to remove the source anyway? I think something is off...
Yeah, I have it set to allow File Renaming / Deletion and I always leave it on Expert settings for the most options.
Well, I just had a play with my system and I definitely have a lot more options in the Context Menu than you have... including Delete Source.

It has to be something specific with your setup. Just need to figure it out. I am a Win10 user, so don't really understand the workings of Android. Even all the sources you have listed in your photo in Post #2, is foreign to me. You obviously use it in a lot more ways than we do.

Sorry I can't be much more help to you. Hopefully others will pick up the thread and continue.
@alexsisk

I always use Videos -> Files when working with sources, bring up the context menu from the one you like to change and one option is remove source
(2017-04-12, 21:25)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]@alexsisk

I always use Videos -> Files when working with sources, bring up the context menu from the one you like to change and one option is remove source

Exactly! I remember remove source used to be there as well! It's as if there's an add-on (I only use the official Kodi repository) that has removed items from that particular context menu [yes, I know that would be highly unlikely]. So I'm wondering if I'm missing some simple setting. There's nothing special about my setup - it's Kodi 17.1 from the Google Play store.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered dumbed down file manager context menus.

I'm not an Android fan per se, but I needed a playback device for my bedroom that could handle my library, which is 85% x265/HEVC. I wasn't aware of the Intel NUC when I got the Shield but that's okay - the power to cost ratio on the Shield TV makes up for many of its shortcomings.

(And I typically just use videos as well - in fact - this is the first time I have my music directly on my dedicated Kodi HDD, and that's as of about 3 days ago.)

@blossom24 Thanks for trying to help me anyway. I recently used Kodi on Windows 10 Pro, and I had no trouble at all - (in my living room) on my Intel NUC before switching to LibreELEC. (More reliable SMB shares - but that's Windows' fault of course.)
Just wondering if you have Expert mode turned on...

http://kodi.wiki/view/settings
Couldn't Kodi without it. :-)
Switch skin to Estuary if running anything else
Go to Settings -> Media -> Library and there are all of your sources
If you can't see them something is broken in your install
I'm on Estuary, I see the sources. I can't remove them via context menu as shown in the video and screenshot.

Alex
Don't know what's wrong with your setup so I guess you have 2 options

1 Quit Kodi and edit sources.xml manually, and afterwards clean the DB
or
2 Uninstall and start fresh
THANK YOU!!

I shouldn't be surprised - all data like that needs to be stored somewhere. (Duh) I've only been using Kodi actively for about 6 months. I've edited keyboard.xml, imported m3u playlists, but I wasn't consciously aware of sources.xml. I'll see if it's in the userdata directory or check the wiki for the path.

Or, if you just so happen to know, and receive this before I get a chance [ :-P ] ...I can figure out my OS-specific path if you know the general location.

Or search. Thanks again!!!!

Alex
Pages: 1 2 3