Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: STEP-BY-STEP SOLUTION - Kodi 17.1 Krypton fails to launch in Mac OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Solution for Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 upgrading installation from 17 to 'kodi-17.1-Krypton-x86_64.dmg'

IDENTIFY THE ERROR
1. Open the 'Console' app
2. In console, on the side bar 'Reports', select ~/Library/logs
3. Select the 'kodi.log' and locate the ERROR (the middle of the each log entry has a descriptor, look for ERROR. For me the error was logged as "[Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database")

ALLOW HIDDEN FILES TO BE SEEN
4. Open the 'Terminal' app
5. copy/paste this entry and hit enter: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
6. While holding down the option key, right click finder in the dock and select 'Relaunch'

LOCATE & COPY THE ENTIRE KODI FOLDER FOR DEVELOPERS... THEN DELETE THE CORRUPTED FILES
7. Open a new finder window and go to this location; <your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database You can also go to this location by typing into 'Go to Folder' ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database Note: Some users have mentioned that the Kodi folder is actually XBMC in that file path. Check for both. Some users report not seeing either of these files. This is simply the solution I found worked for my circumstances.
8. You should be looking at a bunch of .db files.
***IMPORTANT COPY THE ENTIRE KODI FOLDER FOR DEVELOPERS BEFORE DELETING THE CORRUPTED FILES***
9. !!We need your bad files!! Copy the 'KODI' folder onto your desktop and send it to the developers on this forum. Here are instructions from @Memphiz - "Someone who has this issue would have to provide me the complete Kodi folder from Application Support before(!!!!!) applying the workaround". Providing the folder can be done by any public accessible file hosting service (dropbox, google drive etc.)"
**Once you have a sharable link to the folder containing the bad files, post that link on this thread for the developers to access**

***DO NOT PROCEED TO STEP 10 UNTIL YOU HAVE SHARED YOUR ENTIRE KODI FOLDER TO THIS THREAD***

10. Open the folder and Delete the file that matches with the ERROR log (for me it was Addons27)
11. Keep the finder window open.

REBUILD MISSING DB FILE
12. Open the 'Kodi' app
13. You should see the deleted file be rebuilt on launch in the finder window.

Kodi should launch successfully.

Please reply if this WORKED for you.

I hope this helps until the developers uncover the bug.

p.s if you want to return to having hidden folders and files open terminal again, copy/paste this into terminal and press enter; defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

peace!
You are my hero!!!! Thank you SO much.
I followed the steps but it still shows :ERROR [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
I restarted Kodi but I guess he redownloads the corrupted file
(2017-04-02, 19:13)Reffo Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the steps but it still shows :ERROR [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database

In that case see step 8. above.
Delete all files with addonsxx.db. So addons27.db, addons26.db, addons20.db.....
Restart Kodi to rebuild the databases
(2017-04-02, 19:13)Reffo Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the steps but it still shows :ERROR [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database

@Raffo - You may have missed another error in the log file? I only gave my experience, there's so many variables. I'd redo the steps. Carefully skim through the kodi.log. If you suspect the install file, then delete it and re-download it again before you start.
I followed all the steps until I get to finding the userdata here: <your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database

when I go into Application Support, there is no Kodi file there to find... I'm not sure what to do next?
i am having the same problem there is no kodi file
Hi DJ - I actually figured it out, yay! I stead of the instructions of finding that folder on this thread, I followed these instructions and it worked!!

Click on finder icon.
Then when "finder" shows up on the top left menu of your computer, select Go>go to folder> and then enter this path:
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Then hopefully it will.tske you to the Kodi file where you can continue with the instructions on this post!!!

It worked for me, so happy! [/php]
if you put the finder in list mode you can find kodi i just did and its working now
now if i can figure out why i have no sound lol
Last try - I have written this all over the place now - I need the addons*.db files that lead to that crash or there is no chance to fix the issue properly!
Memphis the one causing my error was [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
We need the files!
WORKED LIKE A CHARM, BUT I HAD TO IMPROVISE USING cathaireverywhere's DIRECTION AS WELL.

"Hi DJ - I actually figured it out, yay! I stead of the instructions of finding that folder on this thread, I followed these instructions and it worked!!

Click on finder icon.
Then when "finder" shows up on the top left menu of your computer, select Go>go to folder> and then enter this path:
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Then hopefully it will.tske you to the Kodi file where you can continue with the instructions on this post!!!

It worked for me, so happy!"
(2017-04-03, 16:32)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Last try - I have written this all over the place now - I need the addons*.db files that lead to that crash or there is no chance to fix the issue properly!
Here's a link to my Addons27.db file. I followed the directions in the OPs first post (deleting the Addons27.db file) and it fixed my issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4v1znga300mvu...b.zip?dl=0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6