Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick recall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I went to buy a firestick today from a well known retailer to be told that they had sent back all firesticks and that the new ones cannot be used for Kodi
Has anyone heard this.
No.
The guy in the store said they had to withdraw all stock and that the new stick would be arriving in the next few days and that Kodi would not be able to work on the new stick
I thought it strange as I had not heard of a new generation stick being introduced
Why not cut out the assholes and buy straight from Amazon?
Mainly because amazon will not send to me in Spain
From what i read there is a new firestick released, identical hardware, new os release, still runs kodi. But I guess you knew this already because there are plenty of reviews online that tell you exactly that.
(2017-04-20, 22:18)Jukeboxjury Wrote: [ -> ]The guy in the store said they had to withdraw all stock and that the new stick would be arriving in the next few days and that Kodi would not be able to work on the new stick
I thought it strange as I had not heard of a new generation stick being introduced

So. What are Amazon going to do, throw away all the recalled Firesticks? Such an endeavour would cost them millions.
Probably some loaded stick seller trying to clean his trail.
If amazon services don't go to spain, why bother with a stick in the first place? The only reason to get a stick is if you want the other stuff Amazon does. If you can't get those things, there are much better options out there, like a Pi.