Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Now TV by Sky Will there ever be a addon for it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of maybe some time,I use a Now TV box,its a Roku box.I would love to see it on Kodi,but I guest it would be down to copyright wouldn't it,you would have to get permission from Sky to make it and thats like climbing everest..Wink..?

I have a MXQ Pro Slim (it look really nice) for my Live TV channels and have tried the Now TV app but don't allow me to sign in.

Has anyone tried to make a addon at all,has anyone asked this before...??
Making an add-on for a broadcaster without his permission is verboten, The device you named might have some sort of permissions (read control over this). It's likely that if the content provider wants a bigger audience, providing the open source community with cart-Blanche will bring a flurry of apps. My guess is never, as the entire industry is looking for profit with the Internet as the new cable, sources that where once free and easy in browsers are starting to lock down into pay services, with commercials no less!
verboten :-) that's german.
(2017-04-24, 22:21)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Making an add-on for a broadcaster without his permission is verboten, The device you named might have some sort of permissions (read control over this). It's likely that if the content provider wants a bigger audience, providing the open source community with cart-Blanche will bring a flurry of apps. My guess is never, as the entire industry is looking for profit with the Internet as the new cable, sources that where once free and easy in browsers are starting to lock down into pay services, with commercials no less!
Not sure that is completely true. We have a Netflix add-on.
Yeah I see ,well if Netflix is a addon maybe one day,you never know..Wink I managed to sign with the MXQ box but as soon as I click on a TV program or Film it say it can't play on this device,yep locked,This is mad,if you can use Now TV on your Samsung Galaxy S4 and thats Andriod too then why not this,I guess it down to money and MXQ didn't pay them to have access to Now TV.Oh and Now TV like Sky Go can't be used if its rooted,doh most people have there mobile phone rooted.Dam Sky,No problem I can use Now TV on my Roku Now TV box of my PS4..Smile,(So Sony must of done a deal with Sky to use it on the PS4..Huhmaybe..don't know,just thinking out lowed..Smile )....Ah well thanks for the replies..Wink as I always say"If you don't ask,you don't get"..Wink
If you signed into some app that gave you Now TV it wasn't via Kodi, so you are getting way off topic.