Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hangs when stopping playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since the upgrade to Kodi 17.1 and Ubuntu 17.04 I have been having issues with Kodi hanging after playback. It happens when a video has played for a while (not if I play it for a few seconds and then stop it) and what exactly happens is that the menu GUI does not appear but the video remains frozen. Inputs from my remote and Yatse do not change anything.

The debug log is on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/xcty5VGU

Does anyone recognize this?

Additional info:
Linux HTPC 4.10.0-19-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 6 17:04:57 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Celeron 847 (Sandy Bridge)
Kodi installed from PPA: ii kodi 2:17.1+git20170416.2032-final-0zesty all Kodi Media Center (arch-independent data package)
Uninstalled most of my add-ons except for extended info script and artwork downloader.
Running Aeon Nox 5 as skin.
Anyone?

Here's another debug log where I waited for 10 minutes after I tried stopping the video. At some point the screen goes black and my TV says Signal Missing. I think this correlates to the time when the ALSA devices are reiterated.

Since this system is only running Kodi and I had issues with PulseAudio and passthrough via SPDIF in the past I removed the Pulseaudio package. Could that have anything to do with it?

Debug log: https://pastebin.com/t0PH8xUv
Celeron 847 (Sandy Bridge) <- disable RC6 via kernel command line, please.
why is everyone upgrading to ubuntu 17.04 already madness
why u always write like this don't they teach punctuation in your school this is madness
I am running 17.04 succesfully on my living room PC - boots in 8 seconds, all fine.

The OP has a celeron 847, which is an old Sandybridge based celeron, that one has issues whenever cpu goes into c6 state, it just freezes.
Its different for you tho Fritsch you have to test stuff, It is causing problems with lots of hardware which is fine if you can fix it.

If my English is unreadable Asavah dont read it. Also its a forum not a spelling contest crawl back in your hole.
I couldn't care less about spelling, english is my 4th language.
But your crap is unreadable, crawl back to school.
Just ignore me then, I'm happy to ignore you in whatever language you desire.
Guys. I'd like to get the comments in the linux sections more ontopic again. We want to solve / analyze problems and don't like generic "blaming" of Ubuntu version (a bit of humor for ARCH users is allowed though) ;-)

Especially if the issues are long time known and hw specific like in that case.
I thought this was already in my grub config, but I must have lost it when restoring my boot partition or something. Anyway, I have added it again. I'll report back if this solves it.

However, I'm not completely convinced that this is the issue. After Kodi hangs I can still SSH to the machine and restart Kodi. I thought the RC6 bug would result in a completely frozen system.
If you can ssh then it's something else. Can you attach to kodi.bin and get us a thread apply all bt?
How would I do that?

Edit: nevermind, figured out how to use gdb. Will post the output when I experience this situation again.
Ok, I managed to get a backtrace from all the thread. It's up on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6cPUF21x
By the way, it only happens when I press the stop button. If I let a video run to the end it goes to the menu view as normal.
Pages: 1 2 3