Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Finding the location on the NAS of an album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I find out where on my NAS an album is located?

I know which folder it is its <server>\XBMC_Media\music but I want to know the exact folder.

I'm using Titan at the moment as my skin if its any use...
I don't know for sure for music or Titan. But if you would talk about movies while using Estuary, and you are at the movie information and navigate to the "refresh"-button, you will see the full path at the bottom.

Will check later and report back
Thanks would still like to know if it is possible for an single album though. I did find out using Explorer but I'm positive it could be done in Kodi as well...
It is held in the music library, and there is an info label for it for skins to use, but I don't think that Estuary displays it. Not sure about Titan, or any other skin, but it is effectively a skinning issue. This does mean that you (or a skinner) could modify a skin to show it.

But @DaVu do let us know what you find
I was referring to:

http://imgur.com/a/rx1h6

if you look at the bottom, you will see the full path for the movie. But I couldn't find a way to do the same for music. So I @DaveBlake is 100% correct for this Wink
Albums don't have folders, they are sort of a "virtual" item, based on tags in songs. Only songs have ListItem.Path.

Update: Well I have to retract that. If you open the musicinfo dialog you can get ListItem.Path, but it seems to be the path of the parent folder. However, in musicinfo dialog ListItem.FolderPath does show you what you want.

Quick Estuary mod:

scott s.
(2017-04-26, 23:20)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Albums don't have folders, they are sort of a "virtual" item, based on tags in songs. Only songs have ListItem.Path.
You are strictly correct Scott, no album to path relationship is (currently) held in the library, and songs from an album can be in separate folders, or songs from many albums all in one folder and Kodi is fine. However the NFO file and artwork processing assumes that evey album does have a unique common folder with all the songs beneath it. Hence the Kodi has a routine that identifies this lowest common path for the songs from an album, and calls it the "album path".

Quote:Update: Well I have to retract that. If you open the musicinfo dialog you can get ListItem.Path, but it seems to be the path of the parent folder. However, in musicinfo dialog ListItem.FolderPath does show you what you want.
Yeap, ListItem.FolderPath holds the calculated path of the folder common to all the songs files of an album.

Also thinking this could be moved to the Music Support forum.