Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Complete uninstall and reinstall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having problems with scanning media.

I think that it's something to do with a previous install. Can anyone please talk me through doing a complete uninstall of Kodi as I'd like to do a fresh, clean install of Kodi 17.

I am using an Acer Aspire Revo 3600 with an Intel 1.6HGz processor. GPU 230 @ 1.60GHz
Nvidia Graphics: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.135
Kodi Build: Kodi 17.1 Git: 20170320-nogitfound (is this correct?)
Skin: Confluence, I have tried with other skins, same issue.
Complied: Nov 4 2012
You could do a hard reset.

Reinstalling shouldn't be necessary. Unfortunately you didn't mention your OS but normally it should be enough to remove the .kodi folder in your home directory:

- close Kodi
- In a terminal:
Code:
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi-bak
- start kodi

That's just a renaming so that kodi won't recognize that folder anymore. If that helps, then just delete that "kodi-bak" folder. I
Hi, Thanks very much DaVu. I'll try that. BTW, my OS is Ubuntu 16.04.2LTS. I wonder if you wouldn't mind having a look at my previous post to see if you can spot any obvious errors?
DaVu, thanks very much for the help and advice. That renaming and deleting the old file trick worked very well. Looks like I have a slick, glitch-free Kodi.

Thanks once again buddy.
YW Wink