Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant get 5.1 output on movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to everybody. I have a problem with my setup. I own a Sony 55XD8599 android tv and a Sony HT-RT3 home theater. I have installed the Kodi 16.1 and I have chosen the 5.1 audio output at the advanced settings of kodi.
The problem is that I only get the front bar from my speakers to work and not the rear ones. I have also tried both HDMI and optical connection. I have contact Sony but they dont know what they are doing. You are my last help.
If anyone knows what settings to change on the whole set up, I would appreciate it.
Some of your files may not support 5.1 if they do it will tell you in the media codec attached to the osd when playing
file. Hope this helps you in someway
(2017-04-27, 14:29)tc91 Wrote: [ -> ]Some of your files may not support 5.1 if they do it will tell you in the media codec attached to the osd when playing
file. Hope this helps you in someway

Well it seems that kodi is the problem. I checked the home theater in a LG tv and it worked. Then, I used the default video app of the android tv and it worked. I tried the same with kodi and it didnt work.
All done with the same movie. So its not the files. It has to be something on kodi settings.