Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: When you pause at 1 minute 49 sec the timer is still going when its paused...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pause it at 1 minute 49 seconds and then play it after 5 mins timer jumps to 5 minutes 48 seconds,shouldn't it still be counting up from 1 minute 49 seconds,The program don't jump so the video of it plays from the same point I paused it,if you think about it,its just made the program shorter..?

This is on Kodi 17,I think I just found out why its stopping the video after 10 minutes because it has the wrong time of how long the program is..??

Just tested it with Corrie,Coronation Street is 30 minutes long and paused it for just over 5 minutes and then press play and it jumped from 1:49 to 5:48 when it should be counting up not jumping to what the program is now,so it thinks the program will stop sooner then it should so if it goes to the next program and you are still watching the same program its going to delete the program your watching and stop playback,and bingo thats what happening.NOW.

This is a bug and a big one.Well it is to me,its happening every day.and I use it all the time to watch TV.So I can't use timeshift cos of it.so timeshift don't work.

It does this on Kodi 16 too.

So everytime you pause it makes the program shorter and shorter and then it,just stops the video cos the timeshift videos have been deleted and the it thinks the timer is ok and on time with the program but its not it back cos of how many times you have paused the program.

So if I pause the program for 20 minutes and the program is 30 minutes long,you only have 10 minutes of the program left so you only have 10 minutes to watch a 30 minute program,once the 10 minutes are up it will delete the timeshift files thinking it don't need them then Kodi stops the program and freezes cos if it. Hope you understand this..
In the coming week I will show a video of Kodi doing this and you will see what I mean,I need to know,if this is down to Kodi or NextPVR or both.Because the way it is at the moment timeshift don't work.I will be testing it on Windows 10 Kodi 17.1 Krypton as well to see if it does it too.I have only tested it on a MXQ Slim box with Android 6.0 with Kodi 17.1 Krypton on it.
You are absolutely correct that this is a serious bug. I also have time shifting on and when I go back 20 minutes, the time display is still the current, unaltered time - not the current time minus 20 minutes.
So the question is this: Is this a pvr addon issue or is it a Kodi issue? Either way the problem needs to be resolved.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Yet neither of you supply a debug log.
A debug log is not needed because the problem is easily replicated.
In case you haven't been following the discussion, have time shifting enabled and watch a live TV channel. Simply go back say 3 minutes. You'll see that the current timer is the current time and not current time minus 3 minutes.

Sent from my GT-P3113
If you can't be bothered with a debug log I will close the thread.
I experience the same problem, but I'm using Mediaportal as a PVR backend. The Kodi debug log is http://paste.ubuntu.com/25266384/

It is impossible to get any kind of accuracy at all when selecting a time in the live TV broadcast to jump to using a mouse

I have also noticed that the video play time shown is very jumpy and unstable generally in Kodi when playing any kind of video on all devices I use (Android, Mac and Windows). The clock time generally in the operating systems is fine however, so it seems to be a Kodi thing

Any help is hugely appreciated
Mouse? Try right and left buttons for skip forward and back. Kodi is not really designed for mice.
Thanks for the reply. I just tried using just the keyboard and can replicate the issue just like the others posting above could, so can assure you that using a mouse is not the issue here

To reiterate, the problem is that no matter how long you leave it to buffer, when you rewind (using mouse or keyboard!) then the playing time does not rewind with the video

I would imagine that this issue is incredibly easy to replicate, but if you need me to further assist you please let me know

Thanks
I'd just like to confirm that this bug still exists in Kodi v17.4 RC1

Cheers
Nothing gets fixed without logs.

In any case NextPVR doesn't support the official timeshifting model so this is not surprising. With all the PVR changes coming for v18 I don't see anything be resolved in previous versions.

Martin
I did post a log, but ok thank you for your help. I look forward to Kodi 18