Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: need help setting up tvheadend with hdhomerun prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
trying to setup tvheadend 4.2 but having some problems. im using the setup wizard and everything is good till i get to the pre-defined muxes. im using a hdhomeurn prime so thats DVB-C network but the only pre-defined muxes its showing me is for countries in europe and im in the US. so all my scan results are failed. if i use the hdhomerun addon i get live tv.
Presently the Prime does not work with the HDHomeRun client in Tvheadend. You have to use it as an IPTV network type.

If you're interested in a bit of a workaround and willing to compile TVH yourself, I have a patch that enables the HDHomeRun client to tune the Prime, but it's a bit awkward.
i dont really care to use tvh or not. just really looking to get pvr/epg ect.
This might not be the sub-forum for you then, as this is for TVH.
You might look into mythtv also, it works well with the HDHomerun Prime.
ive been looking at mythtv but cant figure it out
(2017-05-13, 19:19)t2ffn Wrote: [ -> ]This might not be the sub-forum for you then, as this is for TVH.

i know that, thats why i first posted here
(2017-05-13, 02:32)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Presently the Prime does not work with the HDHomeRun client in Tvheadend. You have to use it as an IPTV network type.

If you're interested in a bit of a workaround and willing to compile TVH yourself, I have a patch that enables the HDHomeRun client to tune the Prime, but it's a bit awkward.
Hi Robert

I replied to your post on the tvh forums.  Can you share wtih me your patch and steps so I can reproduce here?  I'm having a hard time with current builds and m3u iptv streams.