Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RenderCapture need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wondering as I may try to learn python, but may I call or import any python module or is there a limited set that can be used with kodi?
Well you either have to declare the dependency in the addon.xml file or (if it is not available in the kodi repository) put the library directly into the addon folder

Edit: here libraries that are in the official repositories that you can use in the addon.xml file:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Category:Add-on_libraries/modules

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thanks... So I am thinking of attempting something with open cv cv2 and numpy but is there a way to "capture" the media that is playing in kodi?
(2017-05-23, 10:35)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks... So I am thinking of attempting something with open cv cv2 and numpy but is there a way to "capture" the media that is playing in kodi?

As your first programming project? m'kay...

BTW I believe openCV requires binaries, so you'll have to work on committing that to Kodi's source first.
(2017-05-23, 19:12)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]BTW I believe openCV requires binaries, so you'll have to work on committing that to Kodi's source first.

I guess necessary binary modules can be included into an addon itself, but such addon will be strictly platform-specific.
(2017-05-23, 19:23)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-23, 19:12)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]BTW I believe openCV requires binaries, so you'll have to work on committing that to Kodi's source first.

I guess necessary binary modules can be included into an addon itself, but such addon will be strictly platform-specific.

Thanks... And if it is platform specific then I guess that will kind of defeat the purpose. And its not the first add-on to say but.. the frist of this caliber. I have read just enough to get my self introuble. And to come up with some ideas that as your saying just is not feasible within Kodi ATM with my noob experience.

Just for giggles if I do mess around with this is there a way to "capture" the now playing video in Kodi so that I can us it in cv2? From what I read it will look at a webcam or a video file and I know I can get the now playing file path to the script but I don't think that will be in sync with the actual video playing.
It might be easier to hash out your idea here... Before coding, what are you trying to do?

Sent from my SM-G935T
Well it's 2 things if I could get cv2 to work... The main reason was I want to make a live blur overlay for menus.... I can use image filter and screenshot for a pause screen but it's just not the same if the video is still playing I would like the blur to move as well .. so basically get the blur effect for viedo playing like with any ios device or Microsoft new fluent design. This was my main goal..

And second this is a hail Mary idea but Amazon video has it so if u move the mouse it shows the cast that is in on the screen... Not know how my processing power it would take for open to work to begin with... I figure if I had got it to run then why not try image marching and use the actors folder again the video to work something like Amazon video... But that is as I said a long shot... I rather get the blur working.
(2017-05-23, 21:48)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's 2 things if I could get cv2 to work... The main reason was I want to make a live blur overlay for menus.... I can use image filter and screenshot for a pause screen but it's just not the same if the video is still playing I would like the blur to move as well .. so basically get the blur effect for viedo playing like with any ios device or Microsoft new fluent design. This was my main goal..

And second this is a hail Mary idea but Amazon video has it so if u move the mouse it shows the cast that is in on the screen... Not know how my processing power it would take for open to work to begin with... I figure if I had got it to run then why not try image marching and use the actors folder again the video to work something like Amazon video... But that is as I said a long shot... I rather get the blur working.

IMO openCV won't work because of platform restrictions, same with any "Video Processing"... MANY Android devices have just enough power to run Kodi while playing a video.

I would look into Kodi's ffmpeg, see if it's packed with filter extensions. FF has a number of blur effects.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thanks will do... One qeustion would I still be able to trigger the filters from python or is it on the c+ side of things?
I think something like this is best handled in c+ . What you are looking to do is video processing which IMO shouldn't be handled through Kodi's player, unless you can handle the project on your own I'm not sure enough demand is there for a Kodi Dev to work on it.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Agreedd I will stick with the simple side... Python and the pil module maybe I can synthetis the effect with some faded images or something.

But I really do appreciate you taking the time to educate me as I find the programing side very interesting.. but have a lot to learn.

Thanks
(2017-05-23, 22:19)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreedd I will stick with the simple side... Python and the pil module maybe I can synthetis the effect with some faded images or something.

But I really do appreciate you taking the time to educate me as I find the programing side very interesting.. but have a lot to learn.

Thanks
I use screen cap and pil for my blur effect, with a little transparency live action isn't "that" bad. https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...3647412225

Sent from my SM-G935T
Looks nice I have the same effect through the skin I am making ... Overall I think it's pretty cool as long as it isn't used to much... Which is what I originally did... Then it becomes over bearing. Hopefully I will at least get the screenshot to work for paused screens
So I was look at something and ran a across this

http://zulko.github.io/blog/2013/09/27/r...ng-ffmpeg/

Which go me to

https://github.com/Zulko/moviepy/blob/ma..._reader.py

If this really will read by frame maybe it could be tweaked to set a property for the pil module to blur x frame when I specify. Also pull thumbs previews of a video on a scale...

Does this seem more reasonable approch on my part are should I just let it go and move on ?
Pages: 1 2 3