Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Full screen after switching TV off and on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small issue. My mediacentre stays on all the time however after power cycling tv kodi looks like it's in a windowed mode (desktop visible) however it's not. The only way to fix it is to switch it to windowed mode (ALT+ Enter) and back to full screen. This has not been a problem before upgrading to 17.1 (i was on 16.1 before). Anyone has an idea whats happening?
Are you sure it's in true fullscreen mode, not fullscreen window mode? Please double check your display settings in kodi.
(2017-05-23, 23:16)Gobberwart Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure it's in true fullscreen mode, not fullscreen window mode? Please double check your display settings in kodi.

How do you tell the difference?

I have 2 options "Full Screen #1" and "Windowed" I have mine set to "Full Screen #1".

There is another option below it for "Use fullscreen window" that is on.
Extract the edid of the tv and configure the PC to use it - that way the PC will think the tv is always on and connected which prevents issues like this happening. From memory the program to do this is called moninfo
(2017-05-24, 04:45)shakuyi Wrote: [ -> ]There is another option below it for "Use fullscreen window" that is on.

Turn it off
(2017-05-24, 05:12)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-24, 04:45)shakuyi Wrote: [ -> ]There is another option below it for "Use fullscreen window" that is on.

Turn it off
Yes, that.