Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vintage Theme from Meedio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'd love to see aspects of Meedio's Vintage Theme, created by crn, ported to XBMC. The parts that are really eye-catching are the TV and Movie sections, which I've linked to below. Hope these catch some skinner's eye and get incorporated somehow. Smile

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8559/meetvqz9.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/476/emmqh2.jpg

Additionally, does XBMC detect and pass along encoding information about the file? Both Meedio and MP provide video resolution and audio encoding flags, so skinners can include 720p/1080p, Dolby Digital, etc logos in their skins. If XBMC doesn't, it'd be pretty sweet if it could. Smile
szsori Wrote:Additionally, does XBMC detect and pass along encoding information about the file? Both Meedio and MP provide video resolution and audio encoding flags, so skinners can include 720p/1080p, Dolby Digital, etc logos in their skins. If XBMC doesn't, it'd be pretty sweet if it could. Smile

Its been talked about, at least in regards to HD/SD, but I don't think anythigns happened as of yet.
I have been working on something you might like, but i'm a coding noob so it might take a while to get out. stay tuned Tongue
I loved your Fluid mockups, so I'm sure it'll be great. I'll keep an eye out for your post. Smile
I do like the tvshow side of the skin, however I am not too keen on the movie section. It doesn't look too difficult to implement. Agathorn, you might be able to answer this for me. How do I get the fanart to display in the series list for the appropriate tv show? As it is right now once you select a show it appears but on the main tvshows list it doesn't work. I am using <texture>$INFO[fanart.image]</texture>. That would be the only thing I think i would have trouble with to implement this. I have been working on my aeon mod quite a bit and think at some point I am going to branch out and design an entirely new skin. This *might* be a good candidate.
You can't currently have fan art showing in the tvshows list. It's easy enough to add, but I tried it out and it looked silly with a gigantic background changing all the time as you move up and down the list.
@jm
Just out of curiosity which skin did you try it with? I don't think it would look too bad on something like fusion or Aeon where the entire background is meant to change. Could be wrong.
hi,
actually those movies screens szsori posted were outdated... this is recent version:

- as for the browsing series with fanart I added delay to series menu so fanart image changes only when user hold on series for given period of time (I used 400msec which is enough for fast flipping trough series) I'm not sure if that's possible for XBMC but works fine in meedio...

This is from early build but you'll get the picture :
http://www.vimeo.com/804919

maybe this helps... Smile
I tried it with basics-visions fullscreen media info view. I also tried it with PM3.

You have to use a largeimage control (due to load times).

I can upload a diff if you want to try it out.
Hi crni! What you say makes sense. That way it wouldn't be constantly changing as you flip around, and its easy enough to do in the skin.
Yeah, crni thanks for stopping by and giving that info. It definitely makes sense. The movies section does look very nice indeed Wink Congrats on the great skin. It also gives me another idea. I love the alpha selection. Im thinking that might be sooo handy for movies selection.
@agathorn
I haven't seen any xbmc skins with that option. I'm sure its possible. Just don't quite know how i would do it. What do you think?
Wow, I really like this. I might have to steal some of these ideas for Mint. Big Grin
Alpha selection?
SURE its a nice looking skin but OMG check out the setup required to get it working :\
If Rand al Thor is talking about this bottom two screens here I completely agree that would be a great addition to any skin. Would that have to be built into xbmc?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5