Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using other IR remotes in XBMC for Mac OS X?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to use other IR remotes (just some old one I have lying around the house) to control osxbmc using the built-in IR receiver on the Mac Mini? Or is the receiver only compatible with the codes from the Apple Remote?
I would love to use some IR remote that has a bit more buttons than the Apple Remote does (I'm used to XBMC on Xbox and I like having some of the functionality I have there).
Wait for next release.
iordonez Wrote:Wait for next release.
I believe next release will extend IR support in xbmc but, you still need a IR that is compatible with apple receiver.

I am using one Universal Remote Controller from logitech and it works pretty well but I had to "teach" it.
I guess it all boils down to the IR protocol of the Apple IR reciever.
DavidCarlos Wrote:I believe next release will extend IR support in xbmc but, you still need a IR that is compatible with apple receiver.

I am using one Universal Remote Controller from logitech and it works pretty well but I had to "teach" it.

All Universal remotes that can "learn" IR commands will be supported. Another requirement will be the ability to assign Macro commands to various buttons.