Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What's new in Apple Remote Keybindings in XBMC for Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Okay, now that you have new remote support you're probably wondering what has changed! Well, I don't have much time before my lunch ends but here is what I can provide. Eventually this will become part of the wiki so please let me know if there is something I should add!

Don't like the defaults? Edit them! http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Browsing videos/Library:
Hold Up/Down - Scroll list
Hold Play - Movie Information
Hold Menu - Contextual menu

Full Screen Video:
Left - Back 1% of Movie
Right - Forward 1% of Movie
Up - 10% or 1 chapter of movie forward
Hold Left/Right - RW/FF
Down - 10% or 1 chapter of movie back
Menu - OSD
Hold Play - Movie information
Hold Menu - Stop

Music:
Hold right - Queue song to playlist

Music Playlist:
Hold Left - Move Item Up
Hold Right - Move Item Down
Hold Menu - Delete Item
Hold Pay - Visualisation

Screen/GUI Calibration:
Play - Next Calibration
Hold Right - Next Resolution

Apple Remote Button Translations:

1 Up
2 Down
3 Left
4 Right
5 Play
6 Menu
7 Hold Up
8 Hold Down
9 Hold Left
10 Hold Right
11 Hold Play
12 Hold Menu
iordonez Wrote:Okay, now that you have new remote support you're probably wondering what has changed! Well, I don't have much time before my lunch ends but here is what I can provide. Eventually this will become part of the wiki so please let me know if there is something I should add!

Don't like the defaults? Edit them! http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Browsing videos/Library:
Hold Up/Down - Scroll list
Hold Play - Movie Information
Hold Menu - Contextual menu

Full Screen Video:
Left - Back 1% of Movie
Right - Forward 1% of Movie
Up - 10% or 1 chapter of movie forward
Hold Left/Right - RW/FF
Down - 10% or 1 chapter of movie back
Menu - OSD
Hold Play - Movie information
Hold Menu - Stop

Music:
Hold right - Queue song to playlist

Music Playlist:
Hold Left - Move Item Up
Hold Right - Move Item Down
Hold Menu - Delete Item
Hold Pay - Visualisation

Screen/GUI Calibration:
Play - Next Calibration
Hold Right - Next Resolution

Apple Remote Button Translations:

1 Up
2 Down
3 Left
4 Right
5 Play
6 Menu
7 Hold Up
8 Hold Down
9 Hold Left
10 Hold Right
11 Hold Play
12 Hold Menu

Just tried the apple remote as i have it on my projector room and an 360 controller for my regular TV. Great work i must say, its excelent in all aspects, you can do everything with great style and confort. thanks a lot!
Pushing Play on the Apple Remote opens the movie's folder, instead of playing the movie. Any ideas?

Also, do you have something like this for Universal Remote key bindings?
Equusz Wrote:Pushing Play on the Apple Remote opens the movie's folder, instead of playing the movie. Any ideas?

Also, do you have something like this for Universal Remote key bindings?

I'm assuming you are using a DVD rip, in which case you need to scan it to your library OR navigate to the actual video file inside the Video_TS file and press play on it.

Universal key bindings are on the XBMC for OS X wiki... which is down now... because our host is on vacation and that's how things work... but can usually be found at dn-0.com/xbmc-trac
I'm not sure what you mean by "scan it to library" but I think I've done that with all my DVD rips (somehow) because they all show up in Movie Lists top view...and when I push "P" on the keyboard it plays right from the enclosing folder (the movie's title folder that contains the Video_TS folder). But "Play" on the remote doesn't do the same thing, it OPENS the folder.

I definitely don't want to be navigating in and selecting the video file, that takes away from the coolness...if "P" on the keyboard plays the Video_TS inside, shouldn't the "Play" button do the same? What am I doing wrong?
Iordenez? Can you clarify for me?
Use video library mode. More info can be found in the manual:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
Iordonez:

Thanks for your help, but I am getting nowhere.

I've already been using Library Mode. I mean - I added the source, Set Content to Movies-IMDB, and enabled Library Mode. XBMC is displaying all the info it got from IMDB just fine. But nothing as changed with regards to the use of the remote. The center play button will not play the movie, it opens the folder, same as the Enter key on the keyboard. The "P" key on the keyboard will play the movie.

I know you all are using the PLAY button on the Apple Remote to play your movie right from its title folder, without having to open the folder and select the Video_TS itself.

Unless...is your file system different? Are you only putting in the Video_TS folder itself and renaming that to the movie's title? My file structure is currently like this:

-Eragon
->Video_TS
-->1.vob
-->2.vob
-->etc.

You guys doing something different? Otherwise, I'm completely at a loss as to why my remote PLAY buttong does something different than yours.

Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

Eq
Hmmm...no one's responding - I guess I do have an anomaly. I'll report it as a bug then.
Equusz Wrote:Hmmm...no one's responding - I guess I do have an anomaly. I'll report it as a bug then.

Sorry we've all been very busy. I have a feeling you're not in library mode. When you are in library mode (little button on the left) it's not possible to browse folders, etc. what you should see is the following:

Turn library mode on, Click Movies -> Titles -> See a list of all your available movies that were scraped. Movie covers and information should be available depending on your view. Click on a movie and it will automatically watch the movie. If you want post a screenshot of what it looks like before you click play and have your issues. I want to make sure everything looks correct.
Hi:

You're right, I wasn't in Library Mode. I don't know what you mean by "little button on the left" - perhaps it's not there in the xTV skin? But when I move the mouse arrow to the middle of the screen I get that option. That solves the problem of the remote PLAY button opening the folder...but has created another problem, mainly being home screen and navigation issues - which I'll raise in a separate thread.

Eq
Thanks!
Is it possible to make the play/pause button open xbmc instead of front row? i know you can assign the button with apps like mira but after installing mira i was not able to use the remote within xbmc. i would assume there is a file somewhere i can manually edit to change the button's behavior.
To be honest, i feel that Plex's default keybindings for the apple remote are the most 'right', XBMC's defaults are at best confusing and at worst frustrating.
Aegelward Wrote:To be honest, i feel that Plex's default keybindings for the apple remote are the most 'right', XBMC's defaults are at best confusing and at worst frustrating.

What is different in the Plex keymapping for the Remote and is there a way to open the context menu?
Aegelward Wrote:To be honest, i feel that Plex's default keybindings for the apple remote are the most 'right', XBMC's defaults are at best confusing and at worst frustrating.

The unintuitive defaults for the Apple Remote was due to a regression that crept in just before we launched Beta 1. It was fixed soon after, so the next release will have more intuitive key bindings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5