Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wattazoum Wrote:@gurney: The truth is I was thinking that it wasn't necessary to install VDPAU for non NVidia card (since we do runtime detection). But the library is still needed to do the detection. This results into the XBMC binary requiring the library. We discussed yesterday this matter looking for a solution. The next package should solve this issue.

Anyway, I have tested that one can install the NVidia driver to solve this issue. The driver won't be used.

OK that is good and all... but when I try to install nvidia-glx-180 (assuming that is the driver) it tries to remove fglrx-admcccle (assuming that is my ADM graphics card) what is that going to do to my machine? Do I have to go ahead and compile it myself? Am I choosing the wrong driver?

Or should I just wait for the next SVN?

Thanks,
SoBBie

Forget it... I found the files on the PPA site and used them. Thanks again.
wattazoum Wrote:[...] This results into the XBMC binary requiring the library. We discussed yesterday this matter looking for a solution. The next package should solve this issue.
Too bad, today's package requires nvidia-180-libvdpau to be installed which is not available in Ubuntu 8.10. Maybe I could include some backport from 9.04 but this might entail even more packages to be upgraded which is usually the beginning of the end ... Confused

Is there another solution for this dependency? I'd really like to use the latest svn-releases as they are usually stable and give me the latest improvements (like update without touching the seen flag! I really love it!).

EDIT:
Following the instructions in http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=304...tcount=765 it worked. I just had to disable the update of mplayer and mencoder because there was an incompability with a required library.
You can also use the following PPA to get it on intrepid:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~thefirstm/+archive/ppa
I dont really know why, but after I installed the nvidia-180-libvdpau library on my non-nvidia system to get xbmc running again it now crashes whenever I try to play a videofile.

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  128 (XFree86-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  7 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x4600477
  Serial number of failed request:  9131
  Current serial number in output stream:  9131
Locking assertion failure.  Backtrace:
#0 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 [0xb6d287c7]
#1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_lock+0x2e) [0xb6d2896e]
#2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 [0xb72f1619]
#3 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1(XF86DRIGetDrawableInfo+0x42) [0xb765bd92]
#4 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 [0xb765b755]
#5 /usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so(__driUtilUpdateDrawableInfo+0xc1) [0xb5f7a921]
#6 /usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so [0xb5f7b427]
#7 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 [0xb765ac5c]
#8 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1(glXMakeCurrentReadSGI+0xdc) [0xb7638e6c]
#9 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1(glXMakeCurrent+0x2b) [0xb763914b]
#10 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN7Surface8CSurface11MakeCurrentEv+0x2c) [0x82b799c]
#11 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN15CGraphicContext15ValidateSurfaceEPN7Surface8CSurfaceE+0x202) [0x820bc52]
#12 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN15CGraphicContext10BeginPaintEPN7Surface8CSurfaceEb+0x2c) [0x820bcdc]
#13 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN10CGLTextureD1Ev+0x26) [0x82a9cf6]
#14 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN8CTexture4FreeEv+0x47) [0x82aa3e7]
#15 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN11CTextureMapD0Ev+0x23) [0x82ab203]
#16 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN18CGUITextureManager7CleanupEv+0x5d) [0x82aa9bd]
#17 /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin(_ZN18CGUITextureManagerD1Ev+0x1a) [0x82ad69a]
#18 /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(exit+0x89) [0xb73cdd89]
#19 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 [0xb72e9d4e]
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  128 (XFree86-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x4600002
  Serial number of failed request:  9132
  Current serial number in output stream:  9132

EDIT: Btw. Boxee works fine.
mythmaster Wrote:Any idea if/when to expect r > 18818 in svn PPA build?

Thank you! It works great! (r19085) Cool
Abandonow>

Same issue there. Previous SVN work fine and now, with the VDPAU on an ATI system, some of my files (codec, size, etc. related ?) crash.

Maybe using a backport package instead of the launchpad one would make it more stable?
wattazoum Wrote:You can also use the following PPA to get it on intrepid:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~thefirstm/+archive/ppa

wattazoum,

Does this lib Actually pull a driver, I am already running 185.19 on my myth9.04 system and it is working ok, I installed the lib for xbmc as instructed and I noticed it looked like it pulled down 180.44 with it. When I went to start xbmc of course I got the opengl error, I reinstalled 185.19 and all seems fine I had one crash while setting up xbmc that said I needed 180-libvdpau but I rebooted and it has not crashed again yet.

I am wondering so is it best to uninstall 185.19 and then install the rqd lib if it does in fact install a driver.

Dave
For some reason, every time a video ends, XBMC exits full-screen.

I *do* have the system set to "Full Screen" in the settings.

I'm running the PPAs, so I'm hoping someone else has run into this and has a fix. I control it mostly through the web interface, and there's no way I can find in the web UI to make it full-screen again.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Or a possible workaround?
Do you start it from a running X or from shell without windowmanager?
My setup runs XBMC from shell and there is no problem at all with fullscreen mode.
I'm running it from a full X session. If Hulu would stop with the encryption madness, I could run just XBMC, but as it stands right now I have to switch to Firefox to watch Hulu.
Raketemensch Wrote:I'm running it from a full X session. If Hulu would stop with the encryption madness, I could run just XBMC, but as it stands right now I have to switch to Firefox to watch Hulu.
Too bad, I have no recent experiences with XBMC on running windowmanager.
Would it be an option to select on console the type of desktop? Either XBMC standalone or windowmanager with FF. Might be a kind of workaround.
Well, maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to set the configuration to permanently run in full screen? At the moment I'm using the \ key, and as I said, as soon as a video ends, it goes back to windowed mode.

I've dug through all of the settings, but I haven't found anything yet....

Oh, and I have all effects turned off in Gnome.
Either choose it in the Settings -> Appearence -> Screen and choose the fullscreen resolution, or run xbmc --standalone. xbmc --fs might work aswell.

--standalone won't change your screen setup though, so you might need to wipe your guisettings.

Standalone will also enable shutdown features and such.

Cheers,
Tobias
Quite possibly a dumb question, but is there a Jaunty PPA in the works that's not SVN? Or will the Intrepid builds do for now if I want something stable?
Maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell, neither of the hardy PPAs have the 9.04 alpha, just 8.10, or SVN. Is there a 3rd one I'm missing?