Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. apt-get install xbmc-live
2. repo is up... but xbmc is yet to build
3. compile from source. instructions available on xbmc wiki or about 3^7 threads on the forum
vdrfan Wrote:Please oh please do NOT use it. Compile from source or enjoy the weather instead. And before you ask, reason to not use it was written multiple times in this forum. We need (want) bug reports for the official builds, especially as we're close to Dharma.

Am I to understand that the PPAs will not be offering built packages until Dharma is released?
vdrfan Wrote:We need (want) bug reports for the official builds, especially as we're close to Dharma.

Is there a specific Dharma PPA that we can use to test official builds or will that be back in SVN or the main PPA?

Just asking -- I'm keen to do some testing.
Xeijin Wrote:Am I to understand that the PPAs will not be offering built packages until Dharma is released?

No, PPA is being rebuilt. Please wait for the rebuilding to be finished.
does anyone have the debs for 9.11 amd64? I've given up on trying to compile it from source... it seems to finish but no executables can be found anywhere. I'll stick to PPA's they're much easier granted I could wrangle some more performance out of my dual core atom chips with a custom compile, but the hassle is just not worth the benefit. I really hope these PPA's come back up soon.
ugmoe2000 Wrote:does anyone have the debs for 9.11 amd64? I've given up on trying to compile it from source... it seems to finish but no executables can be found anywhere. I'll stick to PPA's they're much easier granted I could wrangle some more performance out of my dual core atom chips with a custom compile, but the hassle is just not worth the benefit. I really hope these PPA's come back up soon.

"it seems to finish but no executables can be found anywhere", then it did not finish Smile If you want help compiling, please start a new thread and include "./bootstrap" , "./configure", "make", "sudo make install" output. Use a pastebin site for posting these things.
The repository is back

svn ppa is up and running again
don't get excited too early

jaunty i386 failed to build and hardy x64 is not published yet

but yeah, karmic and lucid look excellent!

add.: I can confirm, installation of SVN32789 worked flawless on my 64bit lucid installation
Dose not work for me!
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package xbmc
on 10.04 32bit and 64bit 6 days now!
leighdog Wrote:Dose not work for me!

You've got the wrong ppa

change team-xbmc in team-xbmc-svn and it should work
leighdog Wrote:Dose not work for me!
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package xbmc

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn

/Edit
I was too slow.
leighdog has got a point there: the *stable* ppa is still busy building

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa

of course you really should learn the diference between stable and SVN ppa *and* also do some reading about the right usage of adding repos

you want SVN? then use ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa [as of time of writing, everything is built and fine]

you want stable? then use ppa:team-xbmc/ppa [as of time of writing, still building but should be fine by tomorrow]

and it would be great if users that are not able to upgrade from ppa at the moment would finally have a look at the ppa pages before posting, that's what they're there for!!!

stable: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa

SVN: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+archive/ppa

when in doubt, use the link "view package details" on the ppa pages!
you are a life saver now my two year old will stop with the watch a show? watch a show?
all day long!
go for it! Big Grin

btw I actually have an xtreamer media streamer in case of emergencies like these... Wink
sorry no clue when it comes to linux I just made the switch from windows!
still learning