Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well svn ppa is sorta up again but stable hasnt been touched
Has anyone managed to update to the latest svn?

I can see xbmc has been built, but running apt-get update shows no updates available for xbmc Huh
tdw197 Wrote:Has anyone managed to update to the latest svn?

I can see xbmc has been built, but running apt-get update shows no updates available for xbmc Huh

What does "apt-cache policy xbmc" say for you? I just found out the version I have installed is 10.0~..., and the one in the ppa is 10.08~... (as it should be). So you need to force the install of the new version. Maybe a ppa-purge followed by re-adding the ppa?
if your installed xbmc version is 2:10.08whatever it wont upgrade to the one on ppa since its 1:10.08whatever, ceros was compiling with epoch 2 and TheUni is using 1 which is really bad again only to mess up whats already been done. please moan to TheUni he dont listen to me.
ah thanks, you are right:

Quote:Installed: 2:10.0~svn32696~deb1-1~0karmic2
Candidate: 2:10.0~svn32696~deb1-1~0karmic2
Version table:
*** 2:10.0~svn32696~deb1-1~0karmic2 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1:10.08~svn32869-karmic1 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages
1:9.11+svn30178-karmic1 0
500 http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl karmic/main Package

I've never done a ppa-purge, how is it done?

Edit - never mind, its fairly easy (google is my friend Wink )
tdw197 Wrote:ah thanks, you are right:

I've never done a ppa-purge, how is it done?

What I did:
Code:
sudo ppa-purge ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
This should work...

Edit: No, it didn't. Extra steps (since some files are now in different packages than they were in 9.11):
Code:
sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-skin-confluence_1%3a10.08~svn32869-lucid1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-data_1%3a10.08~svn32869-lucid1_all.deb
sudo aptitude-safe-upgrade

This finally got me a updated xbmc.
jbernardo Wrote:What I did:
Code:
sudo ppa-purge ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
This should work...

yes, but as i'm running xbmc live i had to install ppa-purge first.

to anyone else who may need this, for karmic, i ran the following before the above:

Code:
wget http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/p/ppa-purge/ppa-purge_0.2.6~karmic_all.deb

http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/p/ppa-purge/ppa-purge_0.2.6~karmic_all.deb
Further to the above aptitude safe-upgrade didn't work for me, but apt-get dist-upgrade did
'aptitude safe-upgrade' nor 'apt-get dist-upgrade' did the trick for me after ppa-purge:

Quote: Installed: 2:10.0~svn32789~deb1-1~0karmic1
Candidate: 2:10.0~svn32789~deb1-1~0karmic1
Version table:
*** 2:10.0~svn32789~deb1-1~0karmic1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1:10.08~svn32869-karmic1 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages

Any ideas?
yes, purge the installed xbmc and install the new one. Also go moan to TheUni, I been trying to tell him about this since yesterday but i get ignored.

FYI ppa-purge is NOT gonna make a difference.
release 'lucid' for 'xbmc' was not found

wtf?!
X3lectric Wrote:yes, purge the installed xbmc and install the new one. Also go moan to TheUni, I been trying to tell him about this since yesterday but i get ignored.

FYI ppa-purge is NOT gonna make a difference.

So if I do a sudo apt-get purge xbmc then an install of xbmc I will get the latest version?
Thanks fo X3electrick for providing a build to download. I initially compiled one but it was too unstable. I compleltely removed it using Synaptic Package manager and installed the build from team-iquick.

Is it normal that the scraping does not work for this build? Also, it is normal that there is a crash log when it exits?
@ poserdognut

This are the package names that you will need to install (if you need all of them is up to your needs and setup e.g. full desktop/gnome/kde or XBMCLive or from script minimal install karmic + xci of course.

so type apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin etc-etc -y
Code:
[b]xbmc[/b]         XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
[b]xbmc-bin[/b]         XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
[b]xbmc-data[/b]         XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
[b]xbmc-dbg[/b]         XBMC Media Center (debug package)
[b]xbmc-eventclients-common[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Event Client Common package)
[b]xbmc-eventclients-dev[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Event Client Dev  package)[b]
xbmc-eventclients-j2me[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Event  Client J2ME package)[b]
xbmc-eventclients-ps3[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Event Client PS3  package)[b]
xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote[/b]         XBMC Media  Center (Event Client WII Remote support package)[b]
xbmc-eventclients-xbmc-send[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Event  Client XBMC-SEND package)[b]
xbmc-live[/b]         XBMC Media Center (XBMC Live package)[b]
xbmc-skin-confluence[/b]         XBMC Media Center (Confluence skin)
[b]xbmc-standalone[/b]         XBMC Media Center (standalone program)[b]
xbmc-web[/b]         XBMC Media Center (POC web frontend)
@ plum7500

the issue with scraper is a bug which has been fixed on svn already

once I get a newer svn on ppa it should have this fixed.

I was trying to do own self ppa builds but only got x86 compiled ok x64 failed to build...

I will try again later today though this is not gonna be on same ppa Im using for XCI, This is safest way to do it...
@X3lectric: Not at all related to the themoviedb.org changes from today. Something else is wrong.
@plum7500: Don't threadjack, please create a separat thread for your issue.