Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very cool addon leo2!

I've set it up to control my speakers around the house. I have 10 little apps:

c:\speakers\basementoff.exe
c:\speakers\basementon.exe
c:\speakers\livingroomoff.exe
c:\speakers\livingroomon.exe
c:\speakers\bedroomoff.exe
c:\speakers\bedroomon.exe
c:\speakers\officeoff.exe
c:\speakers\officeon.exe
c:\speakers\garageoff.exe
c:\speakers\garageon.exe
c:\speakers\alloff.exe
c:\speakers\allon.exe

I made a copy of the "c:\program files\xbmc\plugins\programs\Launcher and called it "c:\program files\xbmc\plugins\programs\Speakers". Changed the default.tbn to be a speaker and modded settings.xml to use thumb_path: "Q:\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs\Speakers". That gives me.

After adding launchers for each little exe I get:

My question is how can I change those joystick images to use these images I found?:

Copying those images to:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs\Speakers\speaker_on.png
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs\Speakers\speaker_off.png

And changing the "<thumb>" fields to point to them doesn't work. They still show up as joysticks.

Finally, if possible, I'd like these little exe's to run in the background rather than switching to windows and then back. Is that possible?
Got the image problem sorted out:

Turns out it was expecting them to be in "C:\Program Files\XBMC..." rather than "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC" ....

Now if I could just figure out if there is a way to get the apps to run while staying in xbmc.
CrazyIvan Wrote:Now if I could just figure out if there is a way to get the apps to run while staying in xbmc.

Just out of curiosity...what do these speaker programs do? Is it sending a signal to a digital reciever, or another computer or something?

If you wrote the programs...could changing the way they get focus on startup help?

Otherwise, I think Eventghost would possibly be a solution. Lots of IF/THEN functionality based on the goings-on of other applications. Wink
They control an old HACS AB8SS that I bought years ago for $150 brand new. Fantastic piece of gear to control speakers around your house and switch them between 2 inputs. Supports serial, IR and X10 control interfaces:

It comes with a little gui control program. My on/off exe's are just AutoIt scripts that toggle the various controls on the gui. I'll see if the AutoIt scripts can stay in the background by default while they are interfacing to the gui.
Can anybody give instructions on how to show Launcher as an option on the main screen, instead of only being under the favorites section, using the standard XBMC skin? What info in what xml files must I add?
sorry i'm new in MAC.

i have ATV and i'm trying to use atvusb-creator-1.0.b10 to crack ATV.

i just want to see my DivX in ATV.

running the application it just stop .... any clue ?
pacca Wrote:sorry i'm new in MAC.

i have ATV and i'm trying to use atvusb-creator-1.0.b10 to crack ATV.

i just want to see my DivX in ATV.

running the application it just stop .... any clue ?

Try posting this question in the proper thread...I personally don't know squat about ATV.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
Noticed that the thumbnail method is not the best using Yahoo. I'd like to see some info on writing scrapers that would use RomNation or romWorld to get screenshots as thumbs for example.

ie
http://www.rom-world.com/viewscreenshots.php?id=87

It would be much better than Yahoo which generates a heap of irrelevent results every time.

My python scripting sucks (ok so I havn't put in the effort to learn it yet) but I think this would be a much better option.

Also is there any way to save the directory listings, it's annoying loading the entire directory every time I use the Launcher as I've got MANY roms.
firewuff Wrote:Noticed that the thumbnail method is not the best using Yahoo. I'd like to see some info on writing scrapers that would use RomNation or romWorld to get screenshots as thumbs for example.

ie
http://www.rom-world.com/viewscreenshots.php?id=87

It would be much better than Yahoo which generates a heap of irrelevent results every time.

My python scripting sucks (ok so I havn't put in the effort to learn it yet) but I think this would be a much better option.

Also is there any way to save the directory listings, it's annoying loading the entire directory every time I use the Launcher as I've got MANY roms.

I agree...an auto scraper for launcher would be really awesome. Yahoo works, but it's a pain in the butt.

The directory listings ARE saved...it takes so long because of how many games you have...
Ok, I just started using scripts/plugins so I'm having some trouble getting them to start.

I've got the Launcher folder inside C:\Program Files\XBMC\Plugins\Programs and XBMC is able to see the plugin just fine. When I go to launch the plugin via MediaStream or Horizonz, it tells me that it's loading directory but it won't do anything. Even if I leave it for 20 minutes or so. What's going on?
Hey guys...

Wikipedia has a pretty decent collection of n64 covers...I've just ripped them, and was considering making a source pack for coverart and a dat file to go with ROMcenter for fast renaming.

I'm just checking to make sure that something like this isn't already out there, and I'm not wasting my time. So, if there is already a good coverset and renamer, lemme know...otherwise, I've got me a new project.
Quick note I've noticed under Vista. Dont know if this effects other OS'es.

Launching MAME from Launcher 1.02 The working directory from MAME defaults to that of XBMC. This can be seen as several MAME directories are created in the XBMC programe dir (roms cfg dir etc).

This explains a problem I have had. To get MAME working I needed to use the -rp switch (or -rompath) as MAME could not find it's config file.

This also poses a problem with Project64 (v1.6) (Nintendeo 64 emulator). Has anyone got this working? It can't find it's ROM path and there is no way to pass this on the command line. Also rom's that have spaces and unusual chars that need escaping won't work as for Project64. I think that this second issues is the actual issue here.

To do this Project64 needs the rom name and path in Quotes ie

Project64.exe "d:\Roms\N64\doom64 (u)!.z64"

Has anyone found away around this? or another N64 Emulator with works as well as Project64?

Thanks BRETT
firewuff Wrote:Quick note I've noticed under Vista. Dont know if this effects other OS'es.

Launching MAME from Launcher 1.02 The working directory from MAME defaults to that of XBMC. This can be seen as several MAME directories are created in the XBMC programe dir (roms cfg dir etc).

This explains a problem I have had. To get MAME working I needed to use the -rp switch (or -rompath) as MAME could not find it's config file.

This also poses a problem with Project64 (v1.6) (Nintendeo 64 emulator). Has anyone got this working? It can't find it's ROM path and there is no way to pass this on the command line. Also rom's that have spaces and unusual chars that need escaping won't work as for Project64. I think that this second issues is the actual issue here.

To do this Project64 needs the rom name and path in Quotes ie

Project64.exe "d:\Roms\N64\doom64 (u)!.z64"

Has anyone found away around this? or another N64 Emulator with works as well as Project64?

Thanks BRETT

Does setting the ROM path via the file menu work?
digitalhigh Wrote:Does setting the ROM path via the file menu work?

I tried setting the Rom path and did a lot of work on testing various configurations (on the system drive, on a diff drive, haveing Roms in the default location etc, checking the Rom path didn't have any Unicode or unusual chars).

The rom path was def set correctly so I'm unsure as to why it wasn't working in the first place.

I said it was Vista, to be more specific, Vista 32 Enterprise edition (dont ask....)

Also any thoughts on the N64 emulator front?

BRETT
firewuff Wrote:I tried setting the Rom path and did a lot of work on testing various configurations (on the system drive, on a diff drive, haveing Roms in the default location etc, checking the Rom path didn't have any Unicode or unusual chars).

The rom path was def set correctly so I'm unsure as to why it wasn't working in the first place.

I said it was Vista, to be more specific, Vista 32 Enterprise edition (dont ask....)

Also any thoughts on the N64 emulator front?

BRETT

I'm actually having the same problem with PJ64 in XP. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can't come up with anything.

Although, personally, I'd recommend kicking Vista to the curb. Ick...ick...ick. XP FTW.