Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
digitalhigh Wrote:I'm actually having the same problem with PJ64 in XP. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can't come up with anything.

Although, personally, I'd recommend kicking Vista to the curb. Ick...ick...ick. XP FTW.

Not had any problems with Vista at all, to be honest it's no where as bad as the press it gets and has some nice aspects to it as well (installation is a no brainer compared to XP for starters). I still preffere it to OSX 10.5(networking and office) in some ways and XP in others (newer hardware support and installation easy). But everyone has their fav OS'es, I'm just glad that XBMC has such strong support for all platforms.

BRETT
@leo2
Do you ever plan on moving this to the online script repository so it can be installed from within XBMC with the SVN Repo installer?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I simply can't seem to find anything about it.

Right now, I have the launcher working succesfully in XBMC. However, I start the games from "Games -> Launcher", but I would like to just press the "Games"-button on the main screen and then go directly to the list of games. Is that possible?

I am using the Horizonz skin by the way.

Thanks in advance,
Mads
Is there a FAQ anywhere? lol, can't figure out how to get this to work. I've installed it into the plugins\programs directory. it shows up just fine in xbmc with the media stream skin. i am able to add an exe and lookup a thumbnail successfully for it, but once i try to launch it, xbmc hangs. if i load up task manager it shows that the exe was launched, but xbmc doesn't switch focus, minimize, or anything. Just hangs. I'm on xbmc 8.10 and Vista 32bit btw.
Well, currently this plugin is almost useless in Windows. You can't launch games or other apps from XBMC using this plugin.

regards,
fidoboy Wrote:Well, currently this plugin is almost useless in Windows. You can't launch games or other apps from XBMC using this plugin.

regards,
The plugin isn't useless. Yes you can launch apps from XBMC using this plugin. I do it everyday. Your post was useless.
n0estoy Wrote:Is there a FAQ anywhere? lol, can't figure out how to get this to work. I've installed it into the plugins\programs directory. it shows up just fine in xbmc with the media stream skin. i am able to add an exe and lookup a thumbnail successfully for it, but once i try to launch it, xbmc hangs. if i load up task manager it shows that the exe was launched, but xbmc doesn't switch focus, minimize, or anything. Just hangs. I'm on xbmc 8.10 and Vista 32bit btw.
The plugin has a setting to toggle XBMC wait or not. Have you tried that setting?
Mads Wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I simply can't seem to find anything about it.

Right now, I have the launcher working succesfully in XBMC. However, I start the games from "Games -> Launcher", but I would like to just press the "Games"-button on the main screen and then go directly to the list of games. Is that possible?

I am using the Horizonz skin by the way.

Thanks in advance,
Mads
It would require some editing of the home.xml for the skin. There is a thread I started about launching plugins from the home menu. Search for it, it should point you in the right direction.
@kricker: yeah i did, but as i'm combing through this thread it seems that maybe messing w/ that setting as an administrator may be more successful? will report back.

edit: didn't work for me
Sorry kricker, i didn't want to be rude, but using this plugin you can't launch games because XBMC doesn't allow the use of DirectX in games, also, as far as i know XBMC isn't minimized or release the resources before launching the app. I'm sorry if it works since my last test and may be that i'm wrong..

regards,
fidoboy Wrote:Sorry kricker, i didn't want to be rude, but using this plugin you can't launch games because XBMC doesn't allow the use of DirectX in games, also, as far as i know XBMC isn't minimized or release the resources before launching the app. I'm sorry if it works since my last test and may be that i'm wrong..

regards,

So, instead of posting that the program is garbage and it's pointless to use, why didn't you post that you're having trouble getting directX applications to function properly? Or , explain anything other than "this plugin is useless". If you approach the situation in a logical manner, you get a lot more assistance than if you just spout off how something doesn't work...
First all, i didn't say that this plugin is garbage, where did i say this?? Second, my english is a bit limited, so sometimes i sound rude because i write very straigh phrases. And about the directx trouble i've reported it here some posts ago (just use the search function before talking). So, i'm sorry, but, for the moment this plugin is useless in windows, may be it works on xbox or linux, but it doesn't work on windows, that's all... it's not something subjetive, it's the current situation. I hope that it can be solved soon, but i was only answering to a user that can't use it on windows.

kind regards Wink
fidoboy Wrote:First all, i didn't say that this plugin is garbage, where did i say this?? Second, my english is a bit limited, so sometimes i sound rude because i write very straigh phrases. And about the directx trouble i've beed reported here some posts ago (just use the search function before talking). So, i'm sorry, but, for the moment this plugin is useless in windows, may be it works on xbox or linux, but it doesn't work on windows, that's all... it's not something subjetive, it's the current situation. I hope that it can be solved soon, but i was only answering to a user that can't use it on windows.

kind regards Wink

That's allright. I've spoken English for my entire life, and I still sound like a jerk 75% of the time. Big Grin

This is one of those threads that gets posted in so frequently, it's difficult to remember everything that was said...
so my results arent an error on my part?
Well it's possible that it's not a failure on your part but a failure on XBMC/App launcher plugin. It depends on what kind of app you are trying to launch. But i could be wrong. As i've told before, this plugin doesn't work fine on windows (it works but the features are very limited and it can't be used to launch games)

regards,