Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any fix for the error? I have build 18307M and I have the same problem with the script error as Shift. Anyone have it working yet?

Or how can I get firefox to launch without the launcher plugin?

Like where do I make the change to use the exec cmds., shell script, within XBMC, I do not know. I have seen them as an entry for a key on the remote.
did you try with launcher 1.03? it has some fixes with the paths.
http://xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/file...er1.03.zip
Thanks for the quick reply leo2. No I am using 1.02 but will be moving to 1.03 shortly. Hope the third time for me is a charm. Great work by the way, I did have it working with Hardy and a XBMC Oct-November build, but that was an eternity ago. Many changes to OS and Xbmc since them.
Ah, tried 1.03 and it locks up xbmc. Had to do a reboot using putty.

The last time I had this working I followed your post here using:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=mame

Now, I forgot how I got it to work. LOL!

Am I suppose to create a launcher.xml file and put it in plugins/programs/launcher/resources. Heck, maybe thats my problem.
THANK YOU!

I've been waiting for this to work so I can design my apps section.
is it possible to not minimize XBMC on program launching?

because.. i don´t like to see the windows desktop with icons.. and maybe opened windows during launching process

maybe you can add a special picture that is shown.. or xbmc gets just a background layer.. and the new started program gets the top layer

maybe we can toggle this for each program...

in my case.. i start the game "you don´t know jack 4".. which changes the resolution of the system, too. (i don´t know if resolution changing is relevant)

thx a lot
What emulators should work with launcher?

i am running vista
lestat1977uk Wrote:What emulators should work with launcher?

i am running vista
I know about ZateMAME32 that works. (emulator for MAME games)
demlak Wrote:is it possible to not minimize XBMC on program launching?

because.. i don´t like to see the windows desktop with icons.. and maybe opened windows during launching process

maybe you can add a special picture that is shown.. or xbmc gets just a background layer.. and the new started program gets the top layer

maybe we can toggle this for each program...

in my case.. i start the game "you don´t know jack 4".. which changes the resolution of the system, too. (i don´t know if resolution changing is relevant)

thx a lot
out of my plugin's control, this is part of the XBMC's "System.Exec" command.
lestat1977uk Wrote:What emulators should work with launcher?

i am running vista

I can get Stella (atari), ZnesX(Snes), MAME, fceux(NES), and Project64 all to work with my windoze version no problem.

Screenshots here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=308...tcount=474
leo2 Wrote:out of my plugin's control, this is part of the XBMC's "System.Exec" command.

hmm.. maybe this is fixable? (im not into coding, but i as i know.. xbmc is open source.. so everyone can edit it?)
Hello guys, I'm stuck with a stupid problem. I follow the install procedure carefully but when I want to select the "Program plugin" item on step 3.2, XBMC just crashes with window closing. What's wrong ?

T*
Trait0r Wrote:Hello guys, I'm stuck with a stupid problem. I follow the install procedure carefully but when I want to select the "Program plugin" item on step 3.2, XBMC just crashes with window closing. What's wrong ?

T*

I'll save anybody else the trouble...

First, read this, especially Step 1.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report

Next, tell people what build of XBMC you're using, and on what OS.
Thx digital, here we go :

I'm running Atlantis 8.10 ; install was downloaded on the official site.
XBMC_for_Windows-8.10.exe md5=92a0924bc4e9444929d435f1a98c1fc7
I'm using MC360 skin as suggested in the tutorial.
Os is Vista x86 SP1, French.

Last (and relevant) debug lines are :
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866866688 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Program Plugins]
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866862592 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Programs]
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866862592 ERROR: Failed! Destination parameter (Programs) does not match a valid source!

sources.xml is default:
<sources>
<programs>
<default></default>
</programs>
<video>
<default></default>
</video>
<music>
<default></default>
</music>
<pictures>
<default></default>
</pictures>
<files>
<default></default>
</files>
</sources>

I tried to stop Firewall, run as admin, launch in various compatibility mode,
it's always the same thing : as soon as I select "Program plugins" (which matches plugin://programs/) XBMC window's closes.

T*
Trait0r Wrote:Thx digital, here we go :

I'm running Atlantis 8.10 ; install was downloaded on the official site.
XBMC_for_Windows-8.10.exe md5=92a0924bc4e9444929d435f1a98c1fc7
I'm using MC360 skin as suggested in the tutorial.
Os is Vista x86 SP1, French.

Last (and relevant) debug lines are :
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866866688 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Program Plugins]
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866862592 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Programs]
19:23:16 T:3444 M:1866862592 ERROR: Failed! Destination parameter (Programs) does not match a valid source!

sources.xml is default:
<sources>
<programs>
<default></default>
</programs>
<video>
<default></default>
</video>
<music>
<default></default>
</music>
<pictures>
<default></default>
</pictures>
<files>
<default></default>
</files>
</sources>

I tried to stop Firewall, run as admin, launch in various compatibility mode,
it's always the same thing : as soon as I select "Program plugins" (which matches plugin://programs/) XBMC window's closes.

T*

First off, ditch Atlantis and get something a lot more recent.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=43

Install that, and see if the problem persists. I doubt it will. If, for some reason, it does, then it's probably because the program plugins folder is missing. This will either be in C:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\application data\xbmc\plugins\ or C:\program files\xbmc\plugins\.

But, I'm pretty sure that just installing an updated version will fix your problems.