Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Could someone please guide me how to enable a shortcut to an application?
I've tried to read all post but did'nt find an answer. I'm using linux and installed zsnes by apt-get. Zsnes is working fine, I've tested it in X (fluxbox).
When I make a new shortcut I have to fill in somescreens, but I'm not sure what!
In windows I should easily point to a program files directory but I'm not so into linux (yet). I couldn't find a tutorial also... please help Smile
MartijnKooi Wrote:When I make a new shortcut I have to fill in somescreens, but I'm not sure what!
In windows I should easily point to a program files directory but I'm not so into linux (yet). I couldn't find a tutorial also... please help Smile

For the a file launcher shortcut it goes as follows:
- Select the exe (emulator)
- Enter any command line arguments you wish to pass to the emulator
- Select the folder full of roms
- Enter the extensions the roms use. | is a seperator for multiple types. (eg. zip|smc)
- Enter name of shortcut
And all of this has to be done by the gui? Or can I edit a xml file as wel?
MartijnKooi Wrote:And all of this has to be done by the gui? Or can I edit a xml file as wel?

everything for launcher is kept in this file
~/.xbmc/userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher/launchers.xml

while adding them through the UI is awsome and simple... finding covers is not !!!
+ i needed to do allot of setup and file management to get launcher working properly
... like removing special chars from the file names.. <space> ' " & [ ] / \ ....
( google for some solutions and use caution )

to create my " launcher library " file
i created this bash script (a noob's attempt at) launcher.xml-setup.sh

my solution is quick and dirty !!! (... well not so quick & really dirty )
... a band-aid really, while the peeps with true skill are doing surgery
this lets me find covers and add roms
i provide no guaranty or promise it will work for you or will make anything easier
i claim no responsibility if your cat catches on fire

a while back i read posts about the hunt for a proper scraper &
Leo also proposed a db for the programs section
so launcher could become native & hold all the scarped data
i wonder how this effort is going (it sounds exciting)
my Keymap.xml file has bindings for
<joystick name="Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2">
so i can use it as a "remote control"

it also doubles as a kick as joystick for all the launchers Wink
they are all set with <wait>true</wait>
but <when a app is launched> joystick buttons continue to register in XBMC
XBMCbuntu
jaunty minimal + xbmc-live 20725
Launcher 1.03
2 logitech cordless rumble pads
how to make this stop ?
what has to change (in XBMC, launcher or my local config ?)
leo2: how do you add a program under Ubuntu? It seems to be limited to the ProfileData dir and your own home directory, aka where no programs are installed. Probably a good program, but seems useless for Linux owners atm.
Oh yeah.. got it working...
It's opening zsnes (1024*768) and even my gamepad is working.
But how the #%@& can I end the program. I'd hope to use the remote for it..
This works but zsnes seems to be on top and refusing to end. How can I end this task?
MartijnKooi Wrote:Oh yeah.. got it working...
It's opening zsnes (1024*768) and even my gamepad is working.
But how the #%@& can I end the program. I'd hope to use the remote for it..
This works but zsnes seems to be on top and refusing to end. How can I end this task?

Got it working.. configuring MISC keys is the answer..
Starting full screen (damn this looks bad @ fullHD!!!) Nod
MartijnKooi Wrote:Got it working.. configuring MISC keys is the answer..
Starting full screen (damn this looks bad @ fullHD!!!) Nod

Now, try launcher in conjunction with Serenity...
OK I installed launcer exactly how it states on the 1st post but it does not seem to be working. For an answer i started reading through this thread but got to about the 15 page and gave up there are just far too many posts to sensibly read through on the off chance someone else has asked this question.

Right so I installed it. Added it to favourites.

Clicked on launcher from favourites and it take sme to a screen with a single item there called resources.

WHAT do i do now? I am lost there is nothing.. I see people talking about being asked to neter information but I am getting non of this.
its not registering as a plugin.

to confirm, the plugin should be placed as- xbmc/plugins/programs/launcher/default.py and any other folders/files to do with the plugin should be along side the default.py file.

then go through the programs section of xbmc to add it to favorites, not the filemanager
rudeboyx Wrote:its not registering as a plugin.

to confirm, the plugin should be placed as- xbmc/plugins/programs/launcher/default.py and any other folders/files to do with the plugin should be along side the default.py file.

then go through the programs section of xbmc to add it to favorites, not the filemanager

Yes the files are there as stated.

I go into

Games
Application
Add Source

I then browse to

..../xbmc/plugins/programs/launcher/

and in the games browse i have

Launcher
program Plugins
Add Souce

I right click on launcher and add to favourites

Then when I select launcher form favs it just browses me to the launcher dir

EDIT : right my mistake..... when i select browse I goto the bottom and select program plugins not browse to the actual plugin install dir..

Right but I dont actually have launcher showing up in the list I only have SVN Repo Installer

EDIT EDIT : ok sorted it.. I was putting launcher in my c:\Program files\..... etc LOL it should have gone in \user settings\user\...etc
easy, just install project64 and roms in propers folders, then "add new launcher" with right click mouse, browse the right path to the project64.exe, then browse the right path to the roms folder...

then it will askyou for argument, leave it blank; put it a name for the emulator et.... voila...

remeber configurate project64 previously, joystick, graphic and all this stuff, project64 has an option to go in fullscreen when load a rom; test it in windows runs properly, and then, only then install it in xbmc...

PD: I recommed use "CLOSEMUL", this program close any program you configurate with "ESC" key
is there any way to add subfolder in thumbnail pathHuh

for example, my thumbnail folders is "c:\EMULADORES\XBMC\SNAPS\" and inside to have diferents subfolders like N64SNAPS, SNESSNAPS and so on?

its a kind of messy have all snap for different emus in the same folder
Awesome been struggling with the lack of multiple libraries in XBMC for a while but now I can load Meedio in the background that has all my Comedy DVDs, Sports dvds, live music videos, music singles, bar cocktails ect ect at the touch of a button. Great plugin Smile

The first post should really be updated to tell people they have to copy the files to the appdata folder on windows though, keeps on catching me out everytime.