Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: introducing SUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hello all.

i've been using xbmc for a few years now. i think it's time i contribute Wink

introducing SUI:

when i started throwing around ideas for a skin, i came to the following conclusions:

one: i wanted something simple. to me, simplicity is important. not only did i want a skin that was easy to navigate, but i also wanted to hide/remove all the unimportant stuff from the skin, so that the true focus is the media, not icon and backgrounds.

and two: i wanted something clean. SUI is all about subtle changes. that's why it features smooth fading and slide animations. it had to be clean, and it had to look good on my new HDTV. Big Grin album art appears large onscreen, showing you instantly what is being played. the same for movie posters. unselected items in lists fade to white, giving the skin an elegant look.

the main platform i'll be developing for will be widescreens. especially laptops and HDTVs, so no standard definition textures and aspect ratios (for now).

features:
-a simple, clean, and elegant interface
-an album art/picture/movie poster centered design
-limited view types to enable a more balanced look and feel
-hidden menus that appear only when needed
-fast, flawless animations that don't waste your time and that don't get in your way
-low memory footprint (i have to be able to multitask)

release date: the near future (i wish i could release it now, i really do!) i'm a graphics student, that means i have to do this on my own time, on top of school work, a job, friends, family, and life. but don't fret, this is already a working prototype. there will be an alpha release soon!

enjoy the teaser!
-garrett
Wauw! This is perfect for the Xbox in my Car! Big Grin
Would like to be a tester!Big Grin

And a Bloc Party fan! Is that a Lollapalooza image?
absolutely love the design, if you're looking for someone to help with the XML I have some pretty extensive experience and I'm totally unoccupied just now so, drop me a pm if you're interested.
that's one hell of an idea dude... looks great... hope a version pos around sooner than later... good luck

those are actual renders from XBMC...public build soon!Nod
Bigfoot87 Wrote:Wauw! This is perfect for the Xbox in my Car! Big Grin
Yeah, looks like it could make a nice 7" GUI. By the way, checkout 7TFT:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23984

Wink
Gamester17 Wrote:Yeah, looks like it could make a nice 7" GUI. By the way, checkout 7TFT:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23984

Wink
Yes I know that skin, but I'm using a modified Xtv-skin witch I love because of the simplicity, just like SUI. Smile

just a few screens from the private build Freddo and I have been developing!

at the top, that info appears when you idle on an album cover.

at the bottom is the album-art based wraplist view.

enjoy! let us know what you think
wow... would definately use it.... good job!
This skin looks amazing!

I am new to XBMC and I am now going to wait until you release this skin before I start using XBMC on my primary HTPC.

I can't wait, would love to test for you.
Thanks for your interest, development continues apace but we aren't nearly ready for testers yet, as soon as we have a build ready for testing it'll be available to everyone. Stay tuned I hope to post some more screen shots later today!

there's some new screens...

the top is movie information view, it appears automatically if you pause when selecting a movie. and yes, fanart is supported (why wouldn't we Wink )

the bottom is episode view for television shows. it also shows what list view looks like, minus all the information to the left.

enjoy, let us know what you think. Freddo and I like to hear comments/criticism!

@kgraf6: thanks but why wait? xbmc doesn't care what skin you use. you could start organizing your media now with pm3 and when this gets released, just switch to it, and your media will already be organized!

@xb2iris: thanks!

@joebrady: yes, it's a blocparty image. they're awesome!

@Bigfoot87: thanks! we're not entirely sure about xbox yet. Freddo and I have yet to test it, but it's going to be the same across all platforms, even if that means making textures more friendly for xbox!
earlgrey Wrote:the bottom is episode view for television shows. it also shows what list view looks like, minus all the information to the left.

Sorry, what I meant to say was:

the bottom is list view with episode information...

Freddo says it's going to be much cooler...Nod
earlgrey Wrote:@kgraf6: thanks but why wait? xbmc doesn't care what skin you use. you could start organizing your media now with pm3 and when this gets released, just switch to it, and your media will already be organized!

Yeah point taken. I have found some time, so I am going to make the transition now.

Still can't wait for SUI.

New screenshots are looking awesome. Stick to the simplicity, as you are, and this skin will be perfect.
Good Work!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6