Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: screen ripples during movie playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this on their mac mini but using beta1 & 2 the screen ripples on odd occasions during video playback. Its just like horizontal sections of the screen are just shifted by a few pixels and the sections roll up the screen and flicker about. I dont see this behaviour in plex though even with the latest builds which I assume would be using the same base code. I have tried various render and upscaling settings but its always there. Any ideas?
Check Settings->Appearance->Screen and ensure that VSync is set to 'Always Enabled'.

EDIT: mwahaha!
Turn on VSync in Settings->Appearance->Screen.

EDIT: d4rk's faster on the reply button Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks guys, you were both on the money Smile
I was seriously concerned that AppleTv was not coping with decoding files quickly enough until I found the sync option - now happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Slow panning was causing awful artefacts.

Wink
My wife's Macbook Pro was doing the same thing plugged into the TV with S-Video... I just figured it was having trouble with the S-Video connection, but I'll have to go home now and enable V-Sync... Smile

Is there any chance of enabling it by default in future releases, or is there some reason it is disabled?
On new installs it should be enabled by default.
I'm glad I found this out. I had been using Plex for a while because everytime I played back a Video in XBMC on my macbook it was doing that. Finally now I can just stay with XBMC. That was my only gripe.