Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicate entries in Library Mode (video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

One of my series show duplicate entries for each episode in Library Mode.
How can I get rid of duplicates?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Cesar/Brazil
I had the same thing recently using nfo files - which surprised me. It only did it with one show (even though I was messing with others).

I ended up turning on "Stack duplicate shows" in the gui and that hid them - although they are still present as doubles in the dB. JM made a comment in another thread about the possibility of a funky multi-path. As I recently upgraded to Beta1 from a version almost a year old (and still used my original dB) I'm sure there could be issues. I plan to rebuild the dB from scratch once the final release is in.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried playing with several options and eventually found an option to clean database and that took care of the duplicates.

Best regards
Sorry to hijack this thread, but since i´m having the same problem i thought it would a bad idea to start another one.

I have downloaded my database file to my computer and looking through it i found that one of my tv shows that is duplicated in xbmc is in fact on 2 seperate records in the database file in the Views/tvshowview table with different paths. How can i remove one of them? The show is True blood.

1. Go through the episodes table and the link tables that link to tvshows, and update those that link to tvshow id 21 to tvshow id 17. eg:

update tvshowlinkepisode set idShow=17 where idShow=21

2. Once done, remove the row from the tvshow table:

delete from tvshowlinkepisode where idShow=21

3. Remove the entry you've blanked out from the path table.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I made a post about this issue above. I recently found out the duplicate was caused by a number in the file name (since updated in the SVN).

See here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=number
jmarshall Wrote:1. Go through the episodes table and the link tables that link to tvshows, and update those that link to tvshow id 21 to tvshow id 17. eg:

update tvshowlinkepisode set idShow=17 where idShow=21

2. Once done, remove the row from the tvshow table:

delete from tvshowlinkepisode where idShow=21

3. Remove the entry you've blanked out from the path table.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just wanted to say thank you, i havent had time to fix this untill now, but nowi´m more than satisfied. Thank you for the quick answer!
I had duplicates from importing exported libraries. I removed them with:

prefs / Video / Clean Library ...
Just a note of warning, I had the same duplicate issue and the clean library tool worked great to rid my library of duplicate entries, but I did lose all my watched show information. Less of a problem than the duplicates, though. You can't have everything...
(2011-08-27, 01:25)bouligny Wrote: [ -> ]Just a note of warning, I had the same duplicate issue and the clean library tool worked great to rid my library of duplicate entries, but I did lose all my watched show information. Less of a problem than the duplicates, though. You can't have everything...

I would much rather have duplicates than lose my watched episodes.

Update: I also found watchedlist kind of a pain in the butt but it will keep track of the shows and movies you have watched via tvdb and imdb id#.