Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This week we've introduced a new font (special thanks to Sigalas for finding this font) to the skin which should hopefully make things like Movie/Episode plots easier to read (the new font is slightly better spaced than the and stands out better from the background). The font sizes are still the same as before, just the font itself is different, so if you still have any issues with the sizes of the fonts then please post details in the Font Sizing thread.

Coverflow view has been updated to now work with Movies, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes and there's been a bit more tidying and polishing of the existing views and dialogs.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: New default font that should (hopefully) be easier to read on-screen (thanks to Sigalas for the font)
  • Added: Coverflow view for videos (Movies, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes)
  • Added: Option to reduce height of lower overlay when viewing wide TV Show icons in Coverflow view
  • Added: Watched/Unwatched overlay to Episode version of Media Preview view
  • Added: Italian translation
  • Fixed: Focus position for Episode version of Media Preview view
  • Fixed: Displaying of Episode thumbs on projector screen in background image
  • Fixed: Removed duplicate progress bar when pausing music or video
  • Fixed: Width of Genre value in TV Wide view
  • Updated: Switched plot and thumb locations in Video OSD
  • Updated: Tidied up overlays and drop shadows on thumbs in Coverflow view
  • Updated: Tidied up text display in views and dialogs to make positioning tidier with different font sizes
  • Updated: Increased size of Current Weather area on Home for 4x3 to better fit content
  • Updated: Dutch, German, Spanish, Swedish and Greek translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems
Great work on the new font - much easier to read. Big Grin
Amazing Works Team Razorfish

Am testing right now and will report back

Thanks Again
If you have "Show Large Clock" selected, the positioning of the time is slightly off in this release, probably due to the new font. Its not centered vertically.
navanman Wrote:If you have "Show Large Clock" selected, the positioning of the time is slightly off in this release, probably due to the new font. Its not centered vertically.

I was just about to write that! Smile

Great work guys!! Looks awesome!
New font is gorgeous! But in DefaultCaps there are many problems with international glyphs (eg. Ć Ś Ź Ż Ł Ń ĄWink. I corrected Polish ones (you can say I polished it Wink)) - here you can find corrected font: http://www.bizuteria.cc.pl/DefaultCaps.ttf This font needs some care, but after some work it would be #1!
haken Wrote:New font is gorgeous! But in DefaultCaps there are many problems with international glyphs (eg. Ć Ś Ź Ż Ł Ń ĄWink. I corrected Polish ones (you can say I polished it Wink)) - here you can find corrected font: http://www.bizuteria.cc.pl/DefaultCaps.ttf This font needs some care, but after some work it would be #1!

I've updated our font in SVN with your changes, thanks for that Big Grin
Hah LOVE the glowing effect on the new selections. Thanks for listening guys, keep it up Wink
You guys (and gals??) are working really hard of this. Looks fantastic. Much appreciated.
I am still partial to the original PMIII but this skin is perfection. All corners have been polished, no detail has been neglected. However, it is just too busy for me. I am trying to get used to it because it is the future. Is it possible to lighten the black background a lil so we can better see the fanart behind it?

Keep up the great work. this skin is very professional. other than the original PMIII, every other skin out there is lacking something. they all feel like a work in progress. Mediastream feels finished. I do really like it. I just would like to see a few views that showcase fanart a little more. other than that it is sublime.

I am looking forward to future work from your team. great job guys!
Hi the fonts are much improved in this release, i also like the new cover flow views for Video.
But i have found a small problem with the clock, it will no longer hide?
I am using XBMC SVN Revision 15640 T3CH-Beta1 on xbox do i need to upgrade to the latest revision?
Keep up the good work you are doing a fine job.
jarod71 Wrote:...
Is it possible to lighten the black background a lil so we can better see the fanart behind it?

Mediastream feels finished. I do really like it. I just would like to see a few views that showcase fanart a little more. other than that it is sublime.

Yeah I agree, I feel like the black background covers fanart a bit too much, I'd like to see it lightened up a bit.

Also, I'm curious, how often do you guys change home.xml? I was thinking of making a tool for mediastream but it wouldn't work if home.xml changes frequently.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Added: Coverflow view for videos (Movies, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes)
[

Works great! Thanks for this addition.
jarod71 Wrote:I just would like to see a few views that showcase fanart a little more.

Have you tried using the Media Preview view and setting the option (under Movie section Skin settings) to hide the info?

rwparris2 Wrote:I'm curious, how often do you guys change home.xml? I was thinking of making a tool for mediastream but it wouldn't work if home.xml changes frequently.

Until we get to v1.00 I would assume it's going to change (and even after that I would assume it will change occasionally). Once we get it into a public SVN (after v1.00) then you'll be able to track changes to files yourself
I made some clean-up in CAPS fonts, this time no only with polish ones (many international characters were alligned unproperly or were not capitalized). Download it: http://www.solidexpert.com/Caps_are_fixed.zip
I feel almost as a member of the teamWink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8