Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi guys,

First of all I am running:

Ubuntu Hardy 8.0.4.1
XBMC Atlantis Final

I use sabnzbd+ for downloading media and I wrote a script to run once the download is complete. The script moves the downloaded movie/tv show to my xbmc library location and sends a video library update command to the xbmc web server via this command:

Code:
curl --get "http://192.168.1.6:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"

This works great and the video library is updated automatically every time a new movie/tv show is placed in the xbmc library location by my script.

I have this option set in advancedsettings.xml so that any movies/tv shows that I have recently deleted will be removed from the video library automatically whenever my script above updates the video library.

Code:
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

unfortunately this clean on update isn't happening. The library update takes place as usual but the library still has entries for videos that no longer exist. If I go to video library settings within XBMC and manually select clean library the entries for the videos that no longer exist are removed successfully.

Does anyone have any idea why the <cleanonupdate> setting isn't taking place? Does anyone else do something similar and have this working properly?

Thanks,
Rob
forgotten the

<advancedsettings> tag?
spiff Wrote:forgotten the

<advancedsettings> tag?

It wasn't this but there was a typo elsewhere in the file. I forgot to close the video section, had <video> but left out the </video> to close it. So the entire file was being ignored, fixed the error and all is well!
I am glad you had this issue Wink . After reading your process, it gives me an idea on how to do something very similar I hadn't tried to do yet.
kricker Wrote:I am glad you had this issue Wink . After reading your process, it gives me an idea on how to do something very similar I hadn't tried to do yet.

Yeah? Do share your idea Big Grin
It isn't much different than yours. I plan on using EvevntGhost to send a library update command just like you are doing. I just hadn't had time to investigate how to do it. But now I think I do Wink. I will add one other step in between that will 1st organize and name the files appropriately.
XBMC Atlantis Final
Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <remoterepeat>1000</remoterepeat>
    <musiclibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
    </musiclibrary>
    <videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
    </videolibrary>
    <video>
    <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
    <smallstepbackseconds>4</smallstepbackseconds>
        <smallstepbacktries>3</smallstepbacktries>
        <smallstepbackdelay>300</smallstepbackdelay>
    <timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward>
    <timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward>
    <timeseekforwardbig>420</timeseekforwardbig>
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-420</timeseekbackwardbig>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

This advancedsettings.xml file works perfectly with Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and XBMC Atlantis Final, all settings here work within xbmc.

I took the same exact file and cleanonupdate is ignored in my new Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 build w/ XBMC Atlantis Final. All other settings in this file work fine within xbmc.

Can anyone else w/ an Intrepid/Atlantis Final build duplicate this issue? The library is not cleaned when a library update takes place even though cleanonupdate=true in advancedsettings.xml.... again this worked without a hitch in Hardy.

Thanks,
Rob
Bump!

So far I can only fix this by going back to hardy, weird
Works fine here. Pastebin a Debug Log repeating the problem.
I have been able to reproduce the issue on both 8.04.1 and 8.10 and this time I am providing my log

1. x86 Ubuntu 8.04.1 (Fully up to date)
2. XBMC Atlantis Final
3. Video source is a permanently mounted cifs utf8 (using fstab) share from another linux computer (wired)
4. Standard Hardware, nothing fancy or not supported, Nvidia 9600GT (envyng used to install driver)
5. http://pastebin.com/fce3ece6

I first added a tv show section and set content, xbmc used thetvdb.com to get info on a couple of tv shows and the library worked fine. I manually deleted one of the shows from the source location and then ran an "update library" within xbmc, the library was cleaned with the update and the missing show was removed.

I then added a movie section and set content, XBMC used imdb.com to build the library and when the update was complete the movie and tv show library both worked fine. I again manually deleted one of the tv shows, ran an "update library" from within xbmc and this time the missing tv show was not removed from the tv show library. I attempted several more "update library" commands but the tv show was not removed. I then went and manually removed one of the movies and then ran an "update library" from within xbmc,the library was cleaned and the movie and the tv show were removed at the end of the update.

So far as I can tell it seems that when I have both a Movie and a TV show library, a removal of a Movie + an update will prompt a clean but a removal of a TV show + an update won't.

Any way to confirm this?

Thanks,
Rob
tret Wrote:So far as I can tell it seems that when I have both a Movie and a TV show library, a removal of a Movie + an update will prompt a clean but a removal of a TV show + an update won't.

Any way to confirm this?

Thanks,
Rob

I am experiencing the same thing on a fairly recent Windows build (about a week old from the SVN). I was going to post in the Windows forum but then I found this post.

I have both Movie and TV Show libraries. "cleanonupdate" works for movies, but my TV Shows aren't being removed when I delete them from the hard disk. But it does work when I manually trigger a Clean Library.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using the MediaStream skin.

I'll post my debug logs when I get home.

**Edit**
Here is my debug log. I have the <cleanonupdate> setting at true in my advancedsettings file. The steps I used to make this log are as follows:

1. Set library to update on startup.
2. set <cleanonupdate> to true.
3. close XBMC
4. delete a TV show off my hard drive
5. start XBMC
6. notice that the tv show is still listed in my TV library
7. run a "Clean Library"
8. notice that the tv show is now gone.

Remember, it works fine for movies. So I know the <cleanonupdate> is doing something.

http://ubuntu.pastebin.com/f22be0f83

Almost forgot, the show I deleted was an episode of Oz.
Edit

Nevermind. I was wrong on this post.

I am still having the issue from my last post though. Anyone else having problems with TV Shows not being cleaned with cleanonupdate turned on?
Hi guys, I have posted on this issue before and didn't get anywhere so I am hoping that someone else here can confirm this issue for me.

Ubuntu 8.10
XBMC Atlantis or Latest SVN

I have enabled the cleanonupdate option in the advancedsettings.xml file. This works very well by the way in most ways but I have run across an issue w/ tv shows.

If I manually delete a movie file and run a video library update in xbmc, the missing movie is removed properly from the movie library

If I manually delete a movie file and a TV show or episode and run a video library update in xbmc, the missing movie and the missing TV show or episode are properly removed from the appropriate libraries

If I manually delete a tv show or episode and run a video library update in xbmc, the tv show or episode IS NOT removed from the tv show library

If I add a new tv show or episode and run a video library update in xbmc, the new tv show or episode is added to the tv show library, but the missing tv show or episode again IS NOT removed from the library

If I add a new movie and run a video library update in xbmc, the new movie is added AND the missing tv show or episode is removed properly

So it seems the only time cleanonupdate works for cleaning missing tv shows or tv show episodes is if something changes in the movie library. Can anyone else confirm this? Developers, is this by design? It would be nice if the cleanonupdate would work independently for the TV shows as well as for the Movies

tret
This is now your third thread on the issue in 4 months.
I suspect either:
a) none else is using this option.
b) there is something specific to your installation.

If we could only hear from people using this with no problems.
So did I just merge the fourth thread? Please stop making new ones it only makes a mess of the forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5