Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD iso upscale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am writing basically to see if there is anyway I can get the same quality of picture i recieve from my PS3. I tired using the avilable features which did up scale the video, but it was kind of jagged. The outline of the movies, especially animated movies were boxy. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm trying to play DVD iso which i own.

Mike
pikohn Wrote:Hello,

I am writing basically to see if there is anyway I can get the same quality of picture i recieve from my PS3. I tired using the avilable features which did up scale the video, but it was kind of jagged. The outline of the movies, especially animated movies were boxy. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm trying to play DVD iso which i own.

Mike

Sounds like an interlacing problem. Use one of the filters from the OSD while running the video. I currently use "deinterlace" on the latest build, but in the past have had better results with "blend". You'll have to try them for yourself to get the best results for your set-up.
Thank you for responding...I used your tips and now have a pretty good picture. I have one more question. Is it possible to get cover art and info from an iso file? I've fiddled with the settings and was unable to figure out how to do it.

Mike
pikohn Wrote:Thank you for responding...I used your tips and now have a pretty good picture. I have one more question. Is it possible to get cover art and info from an iso file? I've fiddled with the settings and was unable to figure out how to do it.

Mike
Get the free program Media Companion (See these boards). Point it to your movie folder. Use it to create "nfo" files for your movies. It will also automatically download thumbnails for you and name them the same as the movie file and put them all in the same folder. Refresh the movie within XBMC. You can edit the movie info (nfo file) within MC for you own personal taste.

The wiki is a good place for further info -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual