Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
danillll Wrote:@ motd2k

please please please Smile is there a way to fix the below, I mentioned it couple of days and I saw lots of new code changes in the last 2 days, so I compiled the latest code but still broken. I understand if it is not on the top of your list.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=291...tcount=252

Can you remind me what the problem was?

NM - I see it. Are you *certain* these streams play on linuxport? FFmpeg is identifying them as being 0x0 resolution (as opposed to 1920x1080 or whatever) which makes me very suspicious. Regardless, FFmpeg 0.50 is now in the xbmc-vdpau branch, if this doesn't play it then we're a bit stuck i'm afraid!
mythmaster Wrote:Here's an awesome clip to test 1080p --> http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gal...080210.mov

Works perfect for me! Nod

Thats a nice demo reel :-)
motd2k Wrote:Can you remind me what the problem was?

NM - I see it. Are you *certain* these streams play on linuxport? FFmpeg is identifying them as being 0x0 resolution (as opposed to 1920x1080 or whatever) which makes me very suspicious. Regardless, FFmpeg 0.50 is now in the xbmc-vdpau branch, if this doesn't play it then we're a bit stuck i'm afraid!

yep, they were playing fine in the previous couple builds, like 2 weeks ago, but I see your point, looks like the new ffmpeg messed it up.

I am sure you can easily reproduce using the the link in the log, but If it is not VDPAU code that affected it, then I should bug it against the linux port.

What do you think?

BTW, using the latest build, the picture quality/performance is awesome, I think it won't get any better.

Thanks again motd2k
Hi,

All this sounds very promising so I decided to give it a try, but unfortunately, the thing does not build... It seems there is an error in the ffmpeg files:

../xbmc/cores/ffmpeg/vdpau.h:47:25: error: vdpau/vdpau.h: No such file or directory

I think this is the relevant error message, but if you need any more information to help me pass this, I'll be glad to provide them!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
B
You will have to install the vdpau devel files (nvidia-180-libvdpau-dev on ubuntu) in order to compile this.
Oops, silly me.

I got tricked by the fact that 1/ the PPA SVN is not compiled against VDPAU, so build-dep did not catch it , and 2/ ./configure does not seem to look for these libs.

Anyways, thank you so much for your - extremely - quick reply.

Cheers,
B.
I am experiencing from the last linuxport merge, that the branch is not running any more without make install, with ust running xbmc.bin from the download dir.

Is that related somehow to the change, that platform mode is the default now?

Does anybody else experiencing the same?
I found this: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/xb...?rev=18444 But how do I use it =) I want to create my own XBMCLive with the latest vdpau =)
MrIcka Wrote:I found this: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/xb...?rev=18444 But how do I use it =) I want to create my own XBMCLive with the latest vdpau =)

If you read Luigu's opening thread in the 8.10 beta 2 posts there are links to the wiki and how create the live structure. You should read up on Moblin which is the packaging program used to create live.

Rgds,

Dave
olympia Wrote:I am experiencing from the last linuxport merge, that the branch is not running any more without make install, with ust running xbmc.bin from the download dir.

Is that related somehow to the change, that platform mode is the default now?

Does anybody else experiencing the same?

This is correct, there were upstream changes in linuxport that require you to now 'sudo make install' too. The instructions on the first page reflect this - please also note the requirement to backup your 'non'-vdpau XBMC userdata if you wish to preserve compatibility.
rodercot Wrote:If you read Luigu's opening thread in the 8.10 beta 2 posts there are links to the wiki and how create the live structure. You should read up on Moblin which is the packaging program used to create live.

Rgds,

Dave

Oh, Nerd that was a little bit to mouth work I think... I wait for a final build instead. Rolleyes
motd2k Wrote:This is correct, there were upstream changes in linuxport that require you to now 'sudo make install' too. The instructions on the first page reflect this - please also note the requirement to backup your 'non'-vdpau XBMC userdata if you wish to preserve compatibility.

mot2dk,

I upgraded to 18336 after removing the intrepid ppa on my main machine and just let the new install use my existing userdata. Could this be why I am now having issues where at the end of A regular movie only (not Tv or HD) it will not return to the library after the end of a movie. I have to hit stop on the remote to have it return to the library. I just tried to use pastebin and it says the file is too big.

log file (save target as)

http://www.scottcraftboats.com/downloads/031209xbmc.txt

Dave
Hi again,

I am still trying to compile the code. I now get stuck at Goom visualization (see error message below). I made it through earlier, but it was after a lot of mess and in the end XBMC would not start so I decided to re-do it fresh from scratch. So, what is the proper way to get through this? Sorry for the bother and thank you so much in advance.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
cd . && automake-1.10 --foreign
aclocal.m4:16: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
You have another version of autoconf. It may work, but is not guaranteed to.
If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system entirely.
To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically `autoreconf'.
configure.in:4: version mismatch. This is Automake 1.10.2,
configure.in:4: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:4: comes from Automake 1.10.1. You should recreate
configure.in:4: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[1]: *** [goom2k4-0/src/.libs/libgoom2.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom'
make: *** [visualizations] Error 2
motd2k Wrote:Thats a nice demo reel :-)

It really is. Someone posted the link to nvnews --> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost...tcount=965 and when I saw it I thought that it was a better test-case for 1080p than killa. It's only stereo audio, but that taxes the cpu more than pass-through.
Brezhonneg Wrote:Hi again,

I am still trying to compile the code. I now get stuck at Goom visualization (see error message below). I made it through earlier, but it was after a lot of mess and in the end XBMC would not start so I decided to re-do it fresh from scratch. So, what is the proper way to get through this? Sorry for the bother and thank you so much in advance.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
cd . && automake-1.10 --foreign
aclocal.m4:16: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
You have another version of autoconf. It may work, but is not guaranteed to.
If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system entirely.
To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically `autoreconf'.
configure.in:4: version mismatch. This is Automake 1.10.2,
configure.in:4: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:4: comes from Automake 1.10.1. You should recreate
configure.in:4: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[1]: *** [goom2k4-0/src/.libs/libgoom2.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sylvain/xbmc-vdpau/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom'
make: *** [visualizations] Error 2

You should be able to run "make" again after that error, and it should work. If not, try "make distclean" and try to build again. If it gets stuck again, I think there's an "install-missing" script in that directory that you can run.