Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haggy Wrote:@devs: Does the recent merge from xbmc-vdpau and thus requiring vdpau libs mean that non-nvidia/recent driver users cannot compile anymore? if i read back 2 pages there's someone who has a configure error saying -lvdpau fails.

@Haggy: i couldn't configure linuxport last night due to the -lvdpau error. i have since upped to 18849 and have just successfully configured:

Code:
------------------------
  XBMC Configuration:
------------------------
  Debugging:    Yes
  Profiling:    No
  Optimization:    Yes
  OpenGL:    Yes
  VDPAU:    No
  Joystick:    Yes
  XRandR:    Yes
  PCRE Support:    Yes
  MID Support:    No
  ccache:    No
  PulseAudio:    Yes
  FAAC:        Yes
  DVDCSS:    Yes
  Avahi:    No
  prefix:    /usr/local
------------------------

haven't made yet, will ssh+screen in from work and start compiling then. will report back my results.
Yeah i already know. I had at look at the svn log @18825. But thanks for the update - my linuxport just compiled successfully and i'm eager to look at it tonight as i also currently have no access to the tv. running via console did work...
I do not understand, vdpau port is now part of the linux branch??
That is correct.
That's a great news. This mean your work have been approved and will be part of the next release! Thanks you for all your hard work! big up for motd2k!
motd2k: is there a way of autodetecting vdpau like using ccache? so i can skip --enable-vdpau and it will be enabled nonetheless as long as there's no --disable-vdpau?
Haggy -

I've just actually tested this myself, latest linuxport picked up and enabled the libvdpau stuff automagically (ie it didnt require --enable-vdpau). It should, I assume, work in reverse... i.e. disable vdpau if it doesnt detect the libraries.

I'm not entirely sure this is the desired behaviour, but its certainly the way it is right now.
yes that would be my favorite behaviour. i was just wondering your last svn commit message which did mention vdpau not enabled by default.
VDPAU and subtitles? Is that working?
4ndr3w,

No, however that is to be considered a 'fix' and so is unaffected by the feature-freeze. If we get patches, either from myself or someone else, then it will be in 9.04.
Yap.
*.srt subtitles work perfectly. Can't say for other formats.
Great news motd2k, finally we got some video accel :-)
Hope this isn't a dump question, but the information in the first post is quite limited and I don't think really up2date.
You stated on the last page, that vdpau is now officially in the linux branch? So latest xbmc svn will give me vdpau support?
Another thing is ... which nvidia cards/onboard chipsets can use vdpau? I got a 8500gt pci and onboard Nvidia 7100 chipset. I guess the 8500gt should be able to use vdpau, the onboard chipset as well?

thanks

boba
you can find out which chipsets are supported in the README of the nvidia drivers. as for your stuff it is: 8500 yes, 7100 no.
Great news that this is in the main repo now.Big Grin

Does anyone know how I switch repos without wasting everyone's bandwidth by re-downloading everything?

Great work motd2k your efforts will make linux the OS of choice for HTPCs. Now I just hope that intel and ATI will just use VDPAU and save everyone the effort.
sure, just:

Code:
svn switch http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/XBMC

from within your checkout/XBMC directory