Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Launcher 3.1 release for Apple TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,

Launcher 3.1 is available as an update to Launcher 3.0 users.

changes:
- added: read additional download urls from an array in NSUserDefaults; key is XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs (r660)
- fixed: key-repeat for left/right (r643, r649 thx Guibaa!)
- fixed: md5 check failed for zipped downloads (r656)

For a complete list of changes, see the changelog.

Major reason to update is to easily add 3rd party download locations. Launcher reads now additional download locations from Launcher's user preferences. To modify those, Apple provides a small command line utility called "defaults". For details make sure to read its man page.

Few details about Launcher and downloads:
Launcher read it's downloads list from xml files, by default from this one.
Currently there's TheQuestor who provides an xml file (thanks!) suitable for Launcher for his builds (and thanks for those!Smile )

Howto add new download locations:
Modifying user preferences to add new download locations, ssh into your ATV and use defaults.
To add TheQuestor's svn builds do the following:
Code:
ssh [email protected]
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/Info.asp
To see this change, you'll need to re-enter the "Downloads" dialog, e.g. by going back to Launcher menu, then "Settings", then back to "Downloads"

Known issues:
- none yet

For reporting issues, please make sure to read this post first.

cheers,
mdd
After rebooting the finder on my ATV 2.31, I can see the TheQuestor's svn build (r211839) but if i select it I get the message "Download Failed"
feikenberg Wrote:After rebooting the finder on my ATV 2.31,
No need to reboot Finder, just leave the "Downloads" dialog, e.g. by going into "Settings" and then go back to downloads. Will add this to the post above, so thanks for the hint! Wink

feikenberg Wrote:I can see the TheQuestor's svn build (r211839) but if i select it I get the message "Download Failed"
That's odd, download works here.
What about console.log? (/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log) nothing in there?

cheers,
mdd
MaestroDD Wrote:That's odd, download works here.
What about console.log? (/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log) nothing in there?

No. Newest date of the console log in /mnt/Scratch/Library/Logs/501 is 01.05.2009
OK, reproduced here, thanks for the report!

Something changed in the provided Info.asp in the last hour (looks like a few whitespaces at the end of the URL), which confuses Launcher :/

feikenberg Wrote:No. Newest date of the console log in /mnt/Scratch/Library/Logs/501 is 01.05.2009

While I still have no idea what breaks logging, the following line should fix log output on the ATV:
Code:
kill `ps -ax | grep [F]inder | grep -v "$0" | awk '{print $1}'`

cheers,
mdd
feikenberg Wrote:After rebooting the finder on my ATV 2.31, I can see the TheQuestor's svn build (r211839) but if i select it I get the message "Download Failed"

Should be fixed!

Thanks again,
mdd
It's working fine now.

Thanks!
Just curious, but is it possible, using the MultiFinder, to link an apple remote to the apple TV?

I have a macbook and an AppleTV and now that boxee added the MLB.tv app I see myself using the macbook hooked up to the TV and XBMC seems to respond to remote commands from the macbook remote (even though it's linked).

Thanks,
Dan
Hi dan1son,

dan1son Wrote:Just curious, but is it possible, using the MultiFinder, to link an apple remote to the apple TV?

unfortunately not, sorry, but it should work without MultiFinder...

cheers,
mdd
How do you install Launcher 3.1 on the ATV?
Okay I do have 3.1 on the ATV I am also a PC Windows user so how do I SSH into ATV
lotagu Wrote:Okay I do have 3.1 on the ATV I am also a PC Windows user so how do I SSH into ATV

you can try Putty http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
Thank you so much I am downloading the new build as we speak....Keeping my fingers Crossed.....
Does the SSHCS download work only if the most current build is available, or is it supposed to download the latest available build when the current build is not availble?
TeknoJnky Wrote:Does the SSHCS download work only if the most current build is available, or is it supposed to download the latest available build when the current build is not availble?

I *think* it just takes the last build, so if it failed, there will be no download. TheQuestor is the right one to discuss with, if you want this changed.
Pages: 1 2 3