Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ccMatrix: TV button sends the "MyTV" event, you can map that to whatever you want in your keymap.xml.

Video lib will of course be integrated as well. It's just a matter of time, I'd like to have a stable foundation first. Cover fetching is still not satisfying for instance. But we'll get there.

Not sure if multilingualism is important enough to make it in any time soon, given that it's a bitch to implement at first (search all hard coded strings in the code and replace them by some ID). But you'll know soon enough when that's going to happen I guess.

@mikkle: I replied to your comment on the issue tracker. I investigated a little further and actually it's pretty logical: XBMC computes the thumb ID of folder.jpg to the path of the directory it is in. When you run GetThumbFileName via HTTP API, CUtil::GetCachedAlbumThumb(album, artist) returns GetCachedMusicThumb(album+artist). So if you put album = folder path and artist = folder name, GetCachedMusicThumb simply receives the complete path to your album folder. It then returns the thumb ID of the folder which had a folder.jpg in it and therefore a valid thumb.

What probably irritated you was that the album "Mezmerize" parameter you passed was interpreted as the folder name and not the album name (both are equal in your case).

I now implemented a fallback method to the cover fetcher, but now there's another bug. I'll keep you posted on the issue tracker.
freezy Wrote:What probably irritated you was that the album "Mezmerize" parameter you passed was interpreted as the folder name and not the album name (both are equal in your case).

Ah, so if if I had the the songs of the album "Mezmerize" by artist "System Of A Down" in any old path NOT equal to ".../<artist>/<album>" the HttpAPI would interpret the call as expected?

:O) Mikkle
@freezy cant send messeges (full)
@all sorry for german post frezzy will understand but dont like it:

wollte ich gerade die neueste version testen.....
jetzt wird sogar die installation komplett abgelehnt??
fehlt da noch was ?

Quote:Anwendung ersetzen
die zu installierende anwendung ersetzt eine andere anwendung.
alle vorhandenen nutzerdaten werden gespeichert.
ok

dann passiert das :

Quote:anwendung nicht installiert
xbmc remote konnte nicht auf diesem telefon stalliert werden

Shocked

HTC-HERO

gruss holger (der liebend gerne die applikation nutzen möchte...)
hotzenplotz5 Wrote:@freezy cant send messeges (full)
@all sorry for german post frezzy will understand but dont like it:

wollte ich gerade die neueste version testen.....
jetzt wird sogar die installation komplett abgelehnt??
fehlt da noch was ?

dann passiert das :

Shocked

HTC-HERO

gruss holger (der liebend gerne die applikation nutzen möchte...)

Ich hatte das gleich Problem. Hab erst manuell die alte Version deinstalliert und dann gings ohne Probleme.

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the previous version manually and then it worked without any issues.
ahhh ok ........versteck
Thanks for answering ccMatrix. Wanted to propose that too Wink

Problems probably due to updated sign key. So all ppl uninstall anything prior to 0.5.0 before installing the new version.

Mailbox sorted out btw.
Great progress on this program, thank you very much!!

On my phone (hero) there is one issue (not bothering me too much). When I enable the show on incoming SMS or Phone call, the xbmc app gives me a force close.

Also, maybe i missed it.. Is there a way to adjust the volume of XBMC? I mainly use this to control xbmc music from other rooms than the living and adjusting volume remote would be handy...

But this program is a very big showoff to friends!!
us1111 Wrote:Great progress on this program, thank you very much!!

On my phone (hero) there is one issue (not bothering me too much). When I enable the show on incoming SMS or Phone call, the xbmc app gives me a force close.

Also, maybe i missed it.. Is there a way to adjust the volume of XBMC? I mainly use this to control xbmc music from other rooms than the living and adjusting volume remote would be handy...

But this program is a very big showoff to friends!!

Can you post a ticket about your crash here please?

Volume: Use the volume buttons on your Hero Wink
freezy Wrote:Can you post a ticket about your crash here please?

Volume: Use the volume buttons on your Hero Wink

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm using the correct version.. The buttons on the remote are all grey on my version, also I don't get all the tumbnails and screens like on the teaser image.. Is there a way to see what version I'm running?

About the volume: Too obvious for me to have figured out myself Nerd Good idea Smile

I will post the ticket tomorrow...
finally got the new version to work (mind its on 1.6 so you're fine on that part aswell Wink but had some problems updating.
solution was: uinstall xbmc remote app -> remove xbmc dir on sdcard

then reboot

then reinstall the new app

volume controll still makes my phone ' beep ' though (like it does when adjusting phone ring settings)

but that aint new Smile

great work guys!

(g1 + cyanogen 4.1999 + xbox with xbmc 9.04)
us1111 Wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if I'm using the correct version.. The buttons on the remote are all grey on my version, also I don't get all the tumbnails and screens like on the teaser image.. Is there a way to see what version I'm running?

About the volume: Too obvious for me to have figured out myself Nerd Good idea Smile

I will post the ticket tomorrow...

Grey? Can you post a screenshot? If you have covers in your mp3 tags they should show up. If not, only folder.jpg or library scans probably not, in this case you'll have to wait for an update, it's in the works, there's already a ticket for that.
freezy Wrote:I now implemented a fallback method to the cover fetcher, but now there's another bug. I'll keep you posted on the issue tracker.

Cool! Your fallback works brilliantly for me!
The new bug introduces, would that have something to do with a force-close on startup?
In that case I think I've nailed it down to
Code:
String prefHost = prefs.getString("setting_ip", "");
in ConnectionManager.java.
If I put in some IP address in stead of an empty string for the default value, the app starts nicely, complains that it can't connect, and I can change the settings in good order.
Maybe HomeActivity should make some checking to see if settings/properties are configured, and if they aren't then point the user to the setings dialog.
Didn't it use to do that?

Yeah, that's a good idea. Can you add that code to the issue trac plz? Smile
Will do. Should I open a new issue, or is it intrinsically linked to issue #14?

hmm now that you mention it, better open a new one.

cheers!