Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow thanks for the barcode. Makes it way easier.

Worst case at least create a bar code to the download page so its just a scan and then scroll down to the build we can pick so you don't have to create a bar code for every release. Unless of course you want to. Wink
kizer Wrote:Wow thanks for the barcode. Makes it way easier.

Worst case at least create a bar code to the download page so its just a scan and then scroll down to the build we can pick so you don't have to create a bar code for every release. Unless of course you want to. Wink

Your welcome Wink

My idea was to ad the link to the download page but if they like to make a new for every apk it's up to them Smile They updating the post anyway on new release

//Daniel

PS Ops sorry when you have so long address the code will be bigger
This one generates it little smaller. http://zxing.appspot.com/generator/
Great idea btw!
Cheers StarChild
Brilliant app topfs2! Even better than any I was able to find for the ipod touch. A little bit crashy, but I suspect it's XBMC's fault rather than the remote.

Thanks very much!
stevenz Wrote:Brilliant app topfs2! Even better than any I was able to find for the ipod touch. A little bit crashy, but I suspect it's XBMC's fault rather than the remote.

Thanks very much!

Thanks for the kind words but it's far from my app Smile. The coders for this blazing app is, who all deserves a big applause:
freezy
the_alien
mikkle
NetHunter
zippelman.

But it's GPL so anyone is more than welcome to supply patches and be appart of the movement!
Hi.

First of all, great App!!!

I have a HTC Tattoo and the display seem to be a tiny bit to small for the remote... I thought that maybe a calibration mode or resolution options could sort that out?

Thx

Talle
The remote control screen? Could you post a screenshot?
Tattoo is running Android 1.5, right? We added multiple resolution support for 1.6... But Phreezie could tell you more about that.
First of all, I LOVE the app!! But one problem I have:
the connection of my remote sometimes disappears. And when I try to reconnect it sais: no route to host. I find it a bit strange, because when I browse to the url with firefox, I it is still up and running.

I have to kill the remote app, and also restart the xbmc on my pc a few times to solve this problem. And it isnt fixed after 1 reboot of both apps. It's random... Is this a 'known' bug. Or is this only a problem for me? (btw, I'm starting xbmc with ultramon)

I really hope you can help me.
I noticed you removed the rebuild database button. I hate to say it, but that feature I probably used more than anything since it allowed me to access my xbox while it was in use and rebuild the database without anybody knowing and pausing the movie.

Is it hidden or just removed?
Hi.
It's really a very great job. I'm using it for 2 weeks on my HTC Magic with xbmc on a Ubuntu pc.
It's working very well. Even if I had some "force close".
For me, just three things very interesting are missing :
- Choice between more than only one xbmc to drive (list of all the xbmc on the network)
- Sound manager on the "remote" and "play now" screens (+, - and mute like the web page of xbmc)
- Shutdown, Suspend and Quit option
It would be great to remote xbmc without screen.

Thx
kizer Wrote:I noticed you removed the rebuild database button. I hate to say it, but that feature I probably used more than anything since it allowed me to access my xbox while it was in use and rebuild the database without anybody knowing and pausing the movie.

Is it hidden or just removed?

+1 for bringing this back Tongue saves me turning on my tv ^^
@krl69: Please submit a ticket for the covers problem, otherwise I'll forget about it. Also for the customizable tab.

@Talle: We didn't test it on lower resolutions at all. For now we have it tested well on standard HVGA (320x480), a little on the Droid's WVGA (480x854), but not on the Tattoo's QVGA (240x320). Would you mind adding a ticket?

@kizer, coredalae: In the music library, you have a menu "Update library", I assume that's what you're looking for?

@laulaudesbois: Several XBMC-instances support is on TODO. Volume can be set using your phone's volume buttons. Should work on any screen. Shutdown, Suspend and Quit is a good idea. Mind adding a ticket?

Link to tickets

Cheers!
Anyone got problems since XBMC 9.11 alpha2? I can load videos but can't use the remote at all?
Did you enable the "Let other computers connect" option in the event server?
@Frenzy: Not the music Library, but the video Library. Tv shows and Movies.

You used to be able to click on Tv or Movie and when you clicked the menu button there used to be an update Library button.