Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cableCard tuner for XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My cable company informed me that they are going fully digital to compensate for bandwidth problems. This will speed up my internet and make all my channels digitally encrypted.

I will need a cable card tuner.

Can anyone recommend one other then these? http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2008/09/23/c...enter-pcs/
XBMC won't support the card directly. You'll have to use some PVR backend that we end up supporting as a frontend (myth, vdr, tvheadend, etc). Full support is still in a branch and a month or so off of merge. Regardless, you'll have to find a card that's supported by the backend, not XBMC.
Ok. Thanks. Any other non Ati options? I am going to get one, bit I would like a dual tuner. I have not been able to find anything. After seeing my hdhomerun in action I am sure there has to be a cablecard equivalant
Can anyone tell me what will work with MythTV and accepts a cableCARD other then ATI?
The mythtv people probably can.
heh... good idea... how the heck do you use that mailing list? It's set up like a forum, but I can't post.