Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blu-ray icon for all movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, wondered if anyone can help?

Not sure when it happened, sometime in the past few weeks, but nearly all of my movies are now being displayed in a Blu-ray case and have a Blu-ray icon and a 720 icon amongst the flags, rather than a DVD case/icon and the correct video format icon.

I don't have any Blu-ray movies and they are all showing the correct DVD icons within Ember Media Manager. I switched skins and this only seems to be in Transparency!

It is also only showing the wrong case when in library mode, if I go into file mode, the movies are in a DVD case.

It seems to have something to do with the width/height metadata it picks up from Ember Media Manager - the DVD case shows for movies that have a 480 flag in EMM, but for all movies that have 576 or above it will show the Blu-ray case/icon and a 720 icon

On further investigation, the Blu-ray icon and 720 icon are showing for all movies that have a 704 x 576 or 720 x 576 video format.

Any idea how this can be corrected?

Many thanks
resolution information is not available in filemode, so T! will always show a dvd case there.

i just did a fresh library scan and indeed i'm having the same issue as you're having now.

i seem to remember the resolution detection code in xbmc recently changed, so maybe they messed things up a bit?
must be this change:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...hrev=30833

xbmc now considers both with & height when determining the resolution.
feel free to create a ticket on trac if you think the current behavior is incorrect.
Thanks for your help with this Ronie, I've logged a ticket as suggested.

I had to revert to an older revision (r30813) due to another problem (dvr-ms files not playing audio) and the DVD cases/icons are back as before now.

Although, I have noticed they say 480 irrespective of their resolution, presumably they should say 576i, 576p, 720i, 720p etc... depending on the metadata. Hopefully, this will get resolved in a later revision.