Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi all

Thank you for great work with new Dharma release. The only thing, that divides it from perfection (IMO), is lack of full support for my beloved Enigma 2 box. I am aware about Tuxbox as a videosource, and some custom scripts, but those are mostly unstable, and they don't support EPG, timers, and other box features. Enigma 2 has a web frontend with all these features, which is widely used for various remote control applications for Iphone/Ipad, Android and the likes, so full support should not be much of an issue. Thanks in advance. I promise to make a generous donation, if it ever worksLaugh

2 Moderators: Please remove [LIVE] prefix.
hi all

any way to get a tuxbox stream into the library so i dont have to switch between library mode and normal mode to play the stream.

cheers
Hi,
that is what i'm dreaming off since I use XBMC.

I tested some Enigma2 receiver with installed Webinterface.
It should work with:
Dreambox
VU+ Duo
VU+ Solo
AB IP Box 9900
AB IP Box 99
AB IP Box 55
an perhaps much more.

I thing a SAT-Receiver with Enigma2 is a perfect PVR Station for XBMC.
Bye Sidekick
Im also using tuxbox to stream channels from my dreambox to XBMC. Works great. Only thing is the slow channel changing. Because of the zapping time it could be nice if the tuxbox channel list could be to postfixed with current showing information on each channel if available. According to the XBMC log the current and next show information is availiable so why not presenting it.

thx
...and don't forget about us Enigma1 owners!! :-)
full tv support for dreamboxes would be nice indeed, since a lot of people are using them. I don't have one myself, so I can't help with it.
yes, xbmc support for my dm8000 including epg, recordings etc would be extremely appreciated.

if a tester for this function under windows 7 is needed... i will be there :-)
Would be happy if the dreambox full integration would be integrated!
I've got a vu+ duo - I know I should not post it at this stage, but this is my first shot:

https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc/tree/addon_vuplus

Currently working:
- TV
- EPG-View
- Radio
- Add / Remove Timers
- Recordings
- channel groups

Todo:
- user / password support (if web interface is password protected) (implemented, but not tested yet)
- Edit Timer

I'm probably not going to implement (due to lack of interest):
- signal status

I'm not a programmer, so please be kind if something is not working correctly / is not implemented correctly resp. nicely.
Hi,
This uses vu as a backend? Will it work with dreambox 500s?
Thanks
linuxmad Wrote:Hi,
This uses vu as a backend? Will it work with dreambox 500s?
Thanks

It should work with any enigma2 based Box...it uses the webinterface for fetching channel information, epg etc. I do not know what dream box 500 is based on, so just give it a try Smile
Sad My dream 500s is a enigma 1 box ....
but... I still would like to try it... Can you post a zip of the addon?
linuxmad Wrote:Sad My dream 500s is a enigma 1 box ....
but... I still would like to try it... Can you post a zip of the addon?

You will also need opdenkamp's PVR branch to use the addon - also this is a "binary" addon, so the best thing is you would compile it yourself.

Does enigma1 also have the webinterface? Then it would probably work.

Allthough the plugin explicitly mentiones "vuplus": if there are any issues with other boxes that can be fixed on my side then I will be more than happy to do so.
jdembski Wrote:You will also need opdenkamp's PVR branch to use the addon - also this is a "binary" addon, so the best thing is you would compile it yourself.

Maybe I miss a step-by-step description how to use your addon. What are the prerequisites and how get I your SW up and running?

Thanks!
I am using openelec version of xbmc, and having the plugin/addon on a zip is the best solution, at least for me... Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6