Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Day[9] Plugin Playback Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm currently writing a plugin to play Videogame commentaries from day9tv.blip.tv.

I got it working quite ok so far with file listings and so on, but the playback of the .flv files works hardly at all. It opens the file and starts playing, but audio and video are very off.

I guess that this problem is either due to my poor Python skills or due to my hardware, idk. But I would really appreciate someone looking into this issue.

Here is the plugin: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1757uyy878mb27
It plays fine for me. One of the streams I tried was a little out of sync but I don't think it has anything to do with xbmc or your pluggin.
Thank you, I guess its a problem of my hardware then.

I gonna finish this and then maybe release this.

Thanks again
yes, please release it. Nice plugin for all sc2 nerds.
Seriously. I'd love to see more of these being shown up. So far the progress looks great, getting no lag over here.

I love this.
Been using the blip.tv plugin for Day9tv, yet that is usually missing the most recent week's vODs. Hope to switch over to using this, thanks for the contribution. Smile
Hi guys,

Hate to be the total n00b in the thread. I'm using XBMC Live Dharma 2 (installed). How would I go abouts installing this?

Thanks!

--- UPDATE

Nevermind I'm blind: I just clicked install from zip.
BTW Finally found a great way to watch day9, just add a new source rss://day9tv.blip.tv/rss gives you access to watch all vODs. Smile

@ForeverNixNub, ~/.xbmc/plugins/video
I just noticed a glitch on XBMC Live, that probably affects any Linux XBMC install.

08:50:09 T:2988432240 M:1927446528 ERROR: Python script "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.day9/default.py" does not exist

From the log.

I went into the folder and renamed the file from Default.py to default.py as Linux is case sensitive.
Few ideas on this plug-in. 1) List the entire archive. 2.) Include the ep name, like "Funday Monday Carrier rush" in the listings.

ty.
czarphanguye Wrote:Few ideas on this plug-in. 1) List the entire archive. 2.) Include the ep name, like "Funday Monday Carrier rush" in the listings.

ty.

I'd love a much older archive too. That'd be great.

Would it be possible to scrape the ep name into the title, and the date into the description?
Webbeh Wrote:I'd love a much older archive too. That'd be great.

Would it be possible to scrape the ep name into the title, and the date into the description?

I definitely agree with a better naming scheme, as for me... I have no idea which daily number I'm on as sometimes I might be a day or two behind (heinous, I know!).

But you can actually easily change this yourself. If you open Default.py in your favorite text editor (notepad, wordpad, gedit, vi, etc)...

if you look a few lines under the line "def VIDEOLINKS(url, name):", you'll see a line that says "name = name.split(' - ')". This combined with a function call a few lines down is where the name is being created. So how does it work?

Here's an example of the string being used...
"Day[9] Daily #191 - How to Analyze a Map and Adjust Your Play"

What this is doing is taking that string and returning an array of two values:
0 - "Day[9] Daily #191"
1 - "How to Analyze a Map and Adjust Your Play"

D0nR0sa is using the first array value to name the episodes in the listing. What I did was change the value being passed into name.split from ' - ' to 'Daily #'. You could possibly argue that '#' would be sufficient, but to avoid any future oddities with Day9 using a number sign in his title, I went a bit more specific. So what do we get in the array now?

0 - "Day[9] "
1 - "191 - How to Analyze a Map and Adjust Your Play"

I like the value of 1 for my daily names. So in the "addLink(...)" line that is before "def get_params():", just change the "name[0]" to "name[1]".

As for allowing more than 12 videos. The reason it doesn't do this is because it only grabs the first page in the video archive. It would need some sort of back and forward option in the listing. The only problem you run into... Day9 hasn't been consistent with his naming scheme the entire way through, so it might require some extra logic just to come up with a valid name.
czarphanguye Wrote:BTW Finally found a great way to watch day9, just add a new source rss://day9tv.blip.tv/rss gives you access to watch all vODs. Smile

I tried this as well...

I notice though I'm not getting updates, as I never restart XMBC. I just suspend/resume all the time. Any way to manually refresh the RSS Feed?
ForeverNixNub Wrote:I tried this as well...

I notice though I'm not getting updates, as I never restart XBMC. I just suspend/resume all the time. Any way to manually refresh the RSS Feed?

Still no idea how to get the RSS://Source to update, so the OP's plug-in is the best way to watch recent Day9 VoDs IMHO. Thx Smile
Is this project dead?

I was hoping we'd see an update to this, since Day[9] is really fun to watch.
Pages: 1 2